March 6, 2020
Rock of Ages THIS WEEKEND!
***NEW THIS YEAR!: We will ONLY be offering GENERAL ADMISSION tickets at Box Office the day of performances. (GREY SECTIONS below)
If you like sitting in the GREEN or BLUE SECTIONS you MUST pre purchase ONLINE ONLY and your receipt will serve as your ticket.
Ticket prices are $10 for students and adults. (Activity passes are NOT accepted for these performances.) This is how we continue to bring amazing musicals to the stage year after year!
Thank you in advance and ROCK ON! Any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
LINK FOR ONLINE PRE-PURCHASE: https://knoxvillehs.seatyourself.biz
Breazeale Selected for All-Iowa Honor Dance Team
Raeghan Breazeale was chosen to be on the kick line and she will also perform a pom routine. Dancers learn the new choreography Thursday night, all day on Friday and then practice for 6 hours on Saturday to bring spectators a flawless routine. Learning choreography and sticking it with only 19 hours of practice takes dedication and a true passion. We are proud of you, Raeghan!
Upcoming home events -
* Fri, Mar. 6: HS Musical - Rock of Ages - 700 PM (@KPAC)
* Sat, Mar. 7: HS Musical - Rock of Ages - 700 PM (@KPAC)
* Sun, Mar. 8: HS Musical - Rock of Ages - 200 PM (@KPAC)
* Tue, Mar. 10: MS Band Concert - 700 (@KPAC)
* Wed, Mar. 11: HS FFA Blood Drive - 900 AM (@KHS)
The winter sports season has ended and spring sports are upon us! Here is information about KMS & KHS spring sports!
Rock of Ages!
Our Drama Department is presenting Rock of Ages on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, March 6-8 in KPAC! They are offering free tickets to the first 25 students that attend Friday and Saturday nights performances! Show time on Friday and Saturday night is 700 PM; Sunday begins at 200 PM.
Logo Committee Update!
We will present to the School Board at their March 9 meeting our final proposal for our new logo system! We are very excited to show the board this new logo suite!!
- All home events in the Knoxville High School gym and all school concerts in KPAC will be streamed LIVE on the NFHS Network! Go to www.nfhsnetwork.com for more details!
- Get schedules for all extra-curricular middle school and high school activities by going to www.knoxville.k12.ia.us and then clicking on "Activity Calendar". You can even sign-up for email notifications so whenever we make a change to a schedule - you can be notified immediately.
- Follow the Knoxville Activities Department on Instagram! @knoxvilleactivities
Did you know that March 2-6 is Statistics in Schools Week? In their advisory, students at the middle school learned about the importance of the census and how it affects them. Students are learning that the 2020 Census is a count of every person who lives in the United States and its territories.
Responding to the census helps your community get its fair share of funding. Census data guides how more than $675 billion in federal funding is distributed to states and communities each year for schools, health care facilities, roads, transportation, recreation centers, social services, and more.
At the end of class students took our very own KMS Census to see what it was like to answer questions about your life. Some fun facts about the middle school:
The majority of students have 4 people living in their house (32%)
The favorite subject in school is math (27.5%)
Favorite hobbies included playing video games and reading
Favorite food was Pizza
Thank you to the students for participating in our first ever KMS Census!
DID YOU KNOW…
By law, the Census Bureau cannot release any identifiable information about you, your home, or your business, even to law enforcement agencies. That's protected under Title 13 of the U.S. Code.
Keep watching your mailbox between March 12-20 for your invitation to participate in the 2020 Census. For more information, visit: https://2020census.gov/, download the information below and/or watch the short video below.
The KMS was the recipient of a recent large donation of new books. A big thank you to Dr. Brian Kingrey for donating his scholastic points to add approximately 140 books to the Middle school library. "A truly special teacher is very wise, and sees tomorrow in every child" author unknown. Thank you so much Dr. Kingrey!
The Book Fair is Coming!
Once again the West, Northstar and Middle school libraries will be hosting a spring book fair in conjunction with Spring conferences. These book fairs will be open all day and during each of the scheduled conferences nights starting March 6th - 12th. New since the last several book fair is the ability to use eWallet. This is a great way to allow your child to make purchases without having to bring cash to the school. You can also shop online too! Thank you for supporting our book fairs!
West Elementary Families,
Below are two documents containing information regarding Kindergarten Roundup for our 2020-2021 kindergarten students and 2020-2021 preschool registration and information night.
Please contact Sue Kauzlarich at West Elementary for more information.
Magic and Music in Second Grade
After their presentation, the crew worked with the second graders on reading the scripts from the skits they had just performed.
- March 8: Daylight Savings Time Begins (clock ahead 1 hour)
- March 9 & 12: Parent/Teacher Conferences
- March 12: Two-hour early dismissal
- March 13: No School (Comp Day)
- March 16-20: Spring Break
- April 10: No School (Good Friday)
- April 13: No School (Professional Development)
For the most up-to-date information on all school activities, see the district calendar.
Coronavirus19: What should we do?
It’s all over the news. There are daily changes and updates about Coronavirus19 and it can be hard to keep up. So what can you do? The same things you do to reduce the risk and spread of all germs:
Please click the following link to apply for any of the following positions: http://www.knoxville.k12.ia.us/district/vacancies/
- MS Baseball Coach (2019-20 school year)
- MS Softball Asst. Coach (2019-20 school year)
- Substitutes (Teachers, Associates, Nutrition, Bus Drivers, Custodians)
- HS Special Education Teacher (2020-21 school year)
- HS Business Teacher (2020-21 school year)
- MS Special Education / Language Arts Teacher (2020-21 school year)
- MS Special Education Teacher (2020-21 school year)
- MS Vocal Music Teacher (2020-21 school year)
- Elementary Classroom Teacher (2020-21 school year, grade level TBD)
- 8th Grade Volleyball Assistant Coach (2020-21 school year)
- 8th Grade Football Coach (2020-21 school year)
Subscribe or Update Your Notifications for Weather Alerts
Knoxville Schools utilizes GovDelivery to communicate weather cancellations, delays and/or changes to district activities. We recommend all parents/guardians sign up to receive email and/or text notifications. Anyone is welcome to subscribe, including community members interested in schedule changes for activities purposes.
If you signed up in the past for this service, you do not need to sign up again but you will need to adjust notifications if your child changed to a different school building this year.
Screenshots are pictured below of the subscription process. If you need assistance, please contact: Lisa.Willis@kcsd.k12.ia.usor 641-842-6551 opt 1.
Calendar Approved for Next School Year
2020-2021 ACADEMIC CALENDAR
The KCSD school board recently approved the academic calendar for the 2020-2021 school year. Please see below for your planning needs.
KCSD voters approved the school district bond question on the ballot on Tuesday, March 3. We are pleased that the board was able to find a solution that meets the needs of the district and that the community could support.
We would like to thank everyone who took part in this process, including those who attended our forums and provided us with their feedback and input. We look forward to continued conversations about the future of Knoxville Schools. Thank you!
Knoxville CSD Board Information
The Knoxville CSD Board of Directors is committed to Ensuring a Culture of Excellence for Every Student. Community members and visitors are welcome to attend our meetings on the second and fourth Monday each month at 5:30 p.m.
The primary purpose of our board meetings is to conduct business. An official meeting is the only means by which we, as a board can carry out our legal duties or exercise our legal powers. These meetings provide an opportunity for decision-making and offer an opportunity for the public and school district staff to establish a formal dialogue with us. Postings of these meetings are placed on the district website, www.knoxville.k12.ia.us. Please visit often to be informed.
Neighbor Helping Neighbor
End of the Month Meals
The End of the Month Meal program or E.O.M.M. was started in 2002 and is a not-for-profit organization and can only continue as long as generous people are willing to donate their money, time, can food items, or grocery gift cards. Any of these donations may be dropped off at New Covenant Church at 1510 West Madison Knoxville, Iowa. If you send a check please make it out to New Covenant Church and put “E.O.M.M. program” in the memo section.
- We send out our deliveries from New Covenant Church 1510 West Madison. If people would like to have their meals delivered to them please call the church office at 641-842-3176 preferably the week before we start serving meals so that we can have an idea of how much food we need to prepare. Information needed: your name, address, phone number, and meals quantity.
- Prefer to dine out? Head to the Jenkins Center on Main Street! We provide the casserole and vegetable or salad, whichever is on the meal plan and the people from Living Word Fellowship provides the dessert, coffee, and excellent service. No questions asked.
- Our meals typically consist of a casserole for the entrée, a dinner roll, a hot vegetable, or a cold “salad” (these are flip-flopped each meal), and a dessert. We also have a sandwich meal at least twice during the season, consisting of a Manwich burger, scalloped corn, cole slaw, and a dessert.
Remaining dates for the 2019-20 season: Mar.: 23-27 Questions? E-mail: email@example.com.
Marion County Food Coalition Calendar & Information
Marion County General Assistance M-F 8-4:30pm (in the Marion County Courthouse)
IMPACT Community Action - Food Cards to Fareway/Hy-Vee to be used every 6 months
Food Share Mobile Food Pantry: 3rd Wednesday of the month
Attica Mobile Pantry 10-10:30
End of the Month Meals: Organized by New Covenant Church; held at 315 E. Main St. (Jenkins Center) 5-5:45PM: March 23-27 (Call 641-842-3176 for delivered meals)
Celebrate Community Church (641-828-7603) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Marion County General Assistance/Veteran's Affairs (641-828-2201) Email: email@example.com
Helping Hands (641-842-6933) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Marion County Senior Nutrition (641-205-3811) Email: email@example.com
KCSD ADMIN. OFFICE
The Panther Press is a weekly collective newsletter for parents & community members. If you have an article or flyer to share, please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Your feedback is always welcome and appreciated!
- District: https://www.facebook.com/KnoxvilleCSD/
- High School: www.facebook.com/KHSPanthers/ & twitter.com/KHS_Panthers
- Middle School: www.facebook.com/PanthersKMS/ & twitter.com/Panthers_KMS
- Northstar: www.facebook.com/NorthstarElementary/ & twitter.com/MrKeitges
- West: www.facebook.com/knoxvillewestelementary/ & twitter.com/pantherswest
Rate us on greatschools.org!