Third Grade Weekly Update
February 12-16, 2018
January 29 - Progress Reports
February 7 - PTA Meeting at 2:15 pm.
February 7 - Lonesome Spur Spirit Night
February 15 - Spring Portraits and Class Pictures
February 16- Early Release
February 16- Valentines Day Party (More information to come)
February 19- Student Holiday (if we don't have a bad weather day)
February 22 - Expo - NISD's Showcase - all families welcome!
March 6 - Open House and Fine Arts Night from 5:00 – 6:30 pm.
Week of March 12th- Spring Break
April 14 - WatchDOGS “Daddy-Daughter Dance” will be at JES
What We Are Learning This Week
- How can I use 9s fact families to solve division problems?
- What is area and perimeter?
- What are square units?
- How can I calculate area and perimeter?
Below is the multiplication song for students to learn their skip counting! This is a great song to listen to at night or in the car. Open it and save it for easy access!
- How do you find the main idea of a text?
- What are supporting details?
- What are main idea blurbs?
- How do you distinguish between interesting details and important details?
- How do you prepare to write an expository text?
- What information do you need?
- What is an expository pillar?
- How do you draft an expository text?
- Review sheet sent home Monday.
- Quiz on Thursday this week.
- When do you need to add commas to a sentence?
- Please review the vocabulary for the week with your child.
- Harriet Tubman DBQ
- Who is Harriet Tubman?
- What are 4 of Harriet Tubman's greatest achievements?
Box Top Contest – JES earns 10 cents for each Box Top. Our last check was $813.60!! The next contest will be by CLASS. The CLASS that brings the highest percentage of Box Tops will get to play a basketball game called “Hot Shot” with collegiate athlete, our Assistant Principal, Mrs. Oakley. Start sending them to school ASAP to get the competition rolling AND because some of the box tops expire in March (PTA will send those in early). Final deadline for class basketball contest is Friday, March 2nd.
- Expo is a district wide event that celebrates students learning from K-12, all subjects.
- Check out the 2018 Expo passport to encourage more student participation at presentations other than their own!
- Submissions can include demonstrations, presentations, or interactive experiences.
- This is a short, informational video that will help explain some of the changes to your teachers. Feel free to send it out if you if you think it will help clarify some changes.
Have you Ordered a JES Yearbook?
If you forgot, search your emails for email@example.com for a receipt of your online order. Yearbooks are over 72 pages of full color for only $17. Place orders at https://www.yearbookordercenter.com/index.cfm/jobSearch/displayHome Code = 20190
Deadline is April 1st.