Homelessness and Displacement

Resources and information for CAIU area

Big picture
Big picture
Big picture

Like and share Education for Children and Youth Experiencing Homelessness page

Join ECYEH and others to spread awareness!

Check out posts on ECYEH's FB page to see how local schools, IU, companies joined together to help spread awareness this month across our county regions!


Call, text, or chat with your local 211 to speak with a community resource specialist in your area who will help you find services and resources that are available to you. You’ll find help with:

  • supplemental food and nutrition programs
  • shelter and housing options and utilities assistance
  • emergency information and disaster relief
  • employment and education opportunities
  • services for veterans
  • health care, vaccination and health epidemic information
  • addiction prevention and rehabilitation programs
  • reentry help for ex-offenders
  • support groups for individuals with mental illnesses or special needs
  • a safe, confidential path out of physical and/or emotional domestic abuse

211 is committed to being the first, most essential resource to anyone who needs help. We help thousands of people overcome barriers and address challenges every day.

CAIU resource links

Displacement Resources- Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Perry, Adams & York

Download resources for homelessness/displacement
Big picture

Cook food. Spread love. Strengthen communities.

Lasagna Love is a nationwide grassroots movement that aims to positively impact communities by connecting neighbors with neighbors through homemade meal delivery. It also seeks to eliminate stigmas associated with parents--especially moms--asking for help when it is needed most.

Big picture
Big picture

Capital Area Coalition on Homelessness - 717-255-6587

The Capital Area Coalition on Homelessness “CACH” is a nonprofit 501C3 organization that consists of over 70 organizations, agencies, churches and other non-profits, that mobilizes its resources to help our regions families and friends who are homeless, or are dangerously close to becoming homeless.

CACH’s members have a proven track record of steadfast and faithful commitment to helping our families and friends when they need it most – and help them get back on their feet, recover from despair and shame, and restore them to self-sufficiency with pride. CACH has purposefully gone that extra mile to reach out to our Veterans, survivors of domestic violence, the disabled, and the elderly among us. Every day, Every week, All-Year-Long, we change lives.

Mission Statement:
The mission of CACH is to educate and mobilize the community and coordinate services to prevent and reduce homelessness in the Capital region.

Vision Statement:
The vision of CACH is that every family and individual in the Capital area has access to safe, affordable housing and the skills and resources necessary to maintain life in that housing.

ECYEH Liaison Directory

The homeless liaison directory contains general information regarding the primary responsibilities of a school district homeless liaison, as well as contact information for each local education entity within Pennsylvania.

Region 3 and other Region Resources

This resource provides many resource options for families across the state!

Other Resources

LHEAP Information October 2022

School House Connection

SchoolHouse Connection is a national non-profit organization working to overcome homelessness through education. Strategic Advocacy is offered and assistance

Surrogate Parenting Resources

Various program or shelter resources

Literacy council can get really creative in helping eliminate barriers to employment and I know they connect with services for housing and homelessness and also transportation Search Literacy Council near me to get various numbers for your local area- Lemoyne location Phone: (717) 763-7522

OVR- If a child has an IEP. https://www.dli.pa.gov/Individuals/Disability-Services/ovr/Pages/default.aspx (Check with IEP team/case manager regarding this and connection for student with OVR)

Adult Protective Services has been helpful as well. They should be called if a student is 18 https://www.dhs.pa.gov/contact/DHS-Offices/Pages/Adult-Protective-Services.aspx

Students entering college who are homeless/displacement-

A lot of colleges have a central point of contact now.

Medical, Dental Health or Mental Health Possible Resources

Penn. Stat. §35-10104 Medical, dental and health services may be rendered to minors of any age without the consent of a parent or legal guardian when, in the physician’s judgment, an attempt to secure consent would result in delay of treatment which would increase the risk to the minor’s life or health.

Resource provided during discussion of mental health consent and SAP referrals for Unaccompanied Youth