Third Grade Cardinal Chronicle
November 16, 2015
Mrs. Muegge's Class
Follow us on Twitter: @MrsMueggeTCE
Upcoming Dates to Remember
November 20 - PTO Spirit Day - Hat and Crazy socks
November 25-27 Thanksgiving Break
December 1 - 3rd grade newsletter club
- Spelling Test - Friday, November 20
- Vocabulary Test - Friday, November 20
- Morning Work Quizzes for LA/Math - Fridays
SWIP/RAH Due on Friday, November 20
Thank you SO MUCH for supporting the library and reading in our school! Our class was able to raise enough to really help out our library and each student chose one book they were interested in to add to our collection. Thank you to all of you for looking in the cushions and emptying out the change from the bottom of your purse!
Next Week's Special Area Classes
- Monday- Day 4 Art
- Tuesday- Day 5 P.E.
- Wednesday- Day 6 Music
- Thursday- Day 1 Art
- Friday- Day 2 P.E.
News From Mr. Cushman
The Gobblers Jog 5K is right around the corner! The event runs through the
beautiful Saxony Residential and Business area. The Gobblers Jog has quickly
become an Indianapolis area favorite, and supports several area food banks.
More information is posted under the Royal Report heading on our webpage
AND a link was on the Royal Report email. Try the links below as well!
Start your Thanksgiving off with some fun and fitness!
Full information attached and at: www.goldeneventpro.com
Register at: Gobblers Jog Registration
Follow on Facebook for updates, and other information:
What's Happening in Mrs. Muegge's Class
- We have been learning about inference. We have done many activities to show our understanding of inference. Ask your kiddos to see their Where Am I? activity- they were great!
- We are almost finished with the book "Holes"- it has gone great with our Realistic Fiction unit in writing! The students have really enjoyed this book. We will watch the movie when finished and compare and contrast.
- We will continue our daily 5 activities where we will read, write, and do word work.
- Students have begun Topic 7- Multiplying by 2 Digit Numbers
- Please continue to practice multiplication facts at home. THIS IS SO IMPORTANT! The further we go into multiplication, and eventually division the harder it will be for students who struggle with basic facts.
- We are in the midst of our Realistic Fiction writing unit. Students have created their sloppy copies.
- We will begin editing our stories and working on catchy hooks.
We finished up our labs and a lot of fun conducting experiments using the scientific method.
We will begin our Economy Inquiry Unit, where the students will learn about the economy through hands-on learning experiences. They will work in a group to decide on a business idea, write a business plan, produce a product, make an advertisement, and sell their items at a Market Day event.
Look for more details coming soon!!