The Smalls Tot Spot Times
The Tot Spot Early Education Academy
Ms. Alisha's Email: email@example.com
Ms. Katie's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Le Andra's Email: email@example.com
Teacher's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Instagram: thetotspotschool
We also now have a Youtube Channel: The Tot Spot Early Learning Academy and Pinterest: The Tot Spot Early Education Academy...be sure and follow us!!
Remind Me App.
PTO and Vacations
Who do you contact concerning vacation credit? Asking a teacher will get you no where. Please email Mr. Mike at email@example.com
Important Dates and Birthdays
Good luck in the Junior Scouts!
August 30th - Physicals Due
CLOSED LABOR DAY
Oct. 18th Tuttles Preschool Fieldtrip
When we go outside, it is required to have feet covered with shoes if you are able to move and crawl. So, please have shoes available for this purpose. Oh one last thing, don’t forget a sun hat.
IN THE CLASSROOM
Reminder: every time your little ones gets shots please ask doctor for an updated shot record for The Tot Spot.
Sensory, Art, Science:
The kids will play with dry and cooked noodles, cotton, tissue paper, glue, and droppers. We will use play-doh, sand and water. We will continue to let our babies play with their food!
There is always opportunities to use math in everything we do. We will group toys, add and subtract. We will practice cleaning up and stacking books. We are practicing none and a lot. Signing all gone, and more. Opposites are being introduced.
As the big kids anticipate meal times, we use this opportunity to pretend and prepare the food with the kids. We will mix and pour and serve up our food. We will talk about light and dark. It will be fun to act surprised, and wear hats.
We like to talk to the babies as soon as possible on things that we know they will be practicing soon. We will also continue to work on our sign language. We have been trying to set boundaries, and use consistency in rules. The word "no" is being used in order for the babies to understand wrong choices. If this is a concern, or you would rather your child not have this reinforcement, please address it with us. We have been using
Gentle touch, and sit on our bottom as reminders to the older Smalls.
Gross Motor: Pushing physically abilities is challenging and rewarding. We will use our muscles and energy to stay active. Baby Yoga has been entertaining. We are working really hard to get on those knees, and we will be practicing pulling up.
We use the tone of our voice to emphasize the letter sounds. There are links attached below where you can check out more about Zoophonics.
Gelato VS. Ice cream
Gelato vs ice cream
Featured snippet from the web
Gelato is the Italian word for ice cream. It starts out with a similar custard base as ice cream, but has a higher proportion of milk and a lower proportion of cream and eggs (or no eggs at all). It is churned at a much slower rate, incorporating less air and leaving the gelato denser than ice cream.Jul 14, 2014
check out this video
School is back in session which means Scholastic is back! Thank you for all your continued support!
from Barnes & Noble - bookXpress
Children's Books · Hardcover · Fiction · 40 page
From Hans Christian Anderson Award winner and three-time Caldecott Honoree Peter Sis comes a delectable picture book that is as breezy, sweet and irresistible as ice cream in summer. Dear Grandpa, Summer is going well. Don't worry, I am not forgetting about my studies. I read every day . . . So begins a young boy's correspondence with his grandfather, assuring him that even though it is summer, he is not slacking off! He is reading (ice cream flavors). He is writing (an ice cream book). He is practicing math (counting scoops and determining how many he will eat before school starts). He is learning about great inventors (such as the creator of the ice cream cone). And he is even studying American, European, and World History (the history of ice cream!). Readers will love the clever interplay of words and pictures as they see what Grandpa can't: All the boy's activities involve ice cream! This funny, affectionate intergenerational story, with pity text and sherbet-coloured artwork, is a delicious celebration of everyone's favourite summertime treat
The Parent's Spotlight
Thank you for:
Would you like to donate?
Empty plastic jars such as mayonnaise or peanut butter
- Is there ever a time when you say to yourself, " I wonder if The Tot Spot would want this"? We could use it in so many ways. You may have babies, but the whole school is yours. Everything can turn into a sensory activity or learning experience. So, before you throw out your junk, ask your teacher if it could be used
If you could have dinner with anyone who would it be an why?
- Ms. Stacy: I would relive any given day that I enjoyed, I don't think I would try to change fate or destiny.
- Ms. Kasche: Drake because he's DRAKE!
- Ms. Alisha: All my Tot Spot Graduates from 2012 through now. I miss every single one of them. I run into them from time to time and go to the bday parties and games, but I'd love to spend more time with them. It's so cool to see what's exactly the same from when they were babies and now.
- Mr. Mike: My Grandparents, because I miss them and they were wonderful who taught me so much.
- Ms. Kelsey: I would have dinner with my Grandpa. He was such a fun and loving man, I would love to be able to see him one more time!
- Ms. Le Andra: Adam Sandler! Because he's freaking hilarious!!
- Ms. Katie: My family. like a trip back in time to do a big family Thanksgiving that I could take my current family with me on.