Blair Oaks High School ~ December 8, 2017
As the year comes to an end and the semester finishes for our students, we want to take this time to thank all the members of our community for all the hard work that you do. Our school is truly unique. We are growing and cultivating our students continuously, and this is all made possible by the dedication of our strong families, school staff, and community at large. We wish you a blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Our students will having a reward day and celebrating their achievements on last spring's standardized testing scores by enjoying a movie together on Thursday, December 21st, followed by a pizza party.
2nd Semester Schedule Changes
- Schedule change forms may be picked up from the student's counselor.
- All 2nd semester schedule changes must be made prior to Christmas break.
- Any student wanting to drop or enter a year-long class will need to complete a schedule change form and get 4 required signatures
Finals' Schedule, December 18, 19, 20
With final exams on the horizon, it’s time to rev up your study routine.
- Be the explainer. Explain something to someone else.
- Have a study buddy.
- Turn the TV off and the music on. Music can help focus IF you choose the right songs.
- Can't stop singing? Put everything to music!
- Read it. Write it. Say it.
Blair Oaks High School Finals' Schedule:
- December 18, Monday - Final: 7th hour at end of day
- December 19, Tuesday - Finals: 2nd hour, 4th hour and 6th hour
- December 20, Wednesday - Finals: 1st hour, 3rd hour, and 5th hour
Students of the Month
| || |
Blair Oaks R-II School District uses School Messenger to send out group notifications of school cancellations and other relevant information. Parents/Guardians manage which phone numbers, e-mail address, and text numbers are contacted through an application within the parent portal called Contact Manager. To access Contact Manager log-in to the PowerSchool Parent Portal and follow these directions:
- Click on Account Preferences
- Find the upward pointing arrow in the top right corner of the screen (near the print icon) and click. When hovering over the icon it will say Applications.
- Next, click on Contact Manager.
- Messages sent in the last 30 days are shown. Click the word Contacts next to Messages.
- Click the Edit icon in the Actions column.
- Here you can enter phone numbers, email addresses and mobile numbers for text messaging. Be sure to do this for each child.
- Save when finished.
| || |
We are excited about the partnership with you to strengthen our students and our school. Attendance is important because students are more likely to succeed in academics when they attend school consistently. Learning is a progressive activity; each day's lessons build upon those of the previous day(s).
- If your student feels sick during the school day, please encourage them to visit the nurse. The nurse will notify home if the student needs to leave for the day.
- If your student is absent due to a medical appointment, please bring a letter from the provider documenting the appointment.
- Please notify the office before 9:00 a.m. when a student is going to be late, absent, or released early.
We believe our parents make it easier for students to attend school by having a positive attitude about learning and education. We appreciate those who do their best to make appointments outside the school day. Your support is what makes our school one of excellence!
December 9 - Christmas Dress Rehearsal, BHS Gym, MS & HS Choirs 9 - 11 AM
December 9 - Christmas Dress Rehearsal, BHS Gym - MS & HS Bands 12 - 2 PM
December 10 - Christmas Concert, BHS Gym - MS & HS Choirs 2:00 PM
December 10 - Christmas Concert, BHS Gym - MS & HS Bands, 4:00 PM
December 12 - Select Choir @ Canterbury Hill Restaurant - singing from 11:20 - 11:50 a.m.
December 14 - Enrollment & payment due for dual credit classes
December 18 - One final, 7th hour final at the end of the day
December 19 - Finals - 2nd hour, 4th hour and 6th hour
December 20 - Finals - 1st hour, 3rd hour, and 5th hour
December 21 - Reward day and early release @ 1:00 p.m.
January 12 - 2:15 p.m. Winterfest assembly
January 13 - Winterfest dance