Title I Distribution
Teacher & Staff Training 2019-2020 - October 8, 2019
Elkins Pointe Middle School Family Engagement
DISTRIBUTION OF PURPLE (PFEP) FORMS IS WEDNESDAY, OCT. 9th - HAVE STUDENTS PLACE IN TITAN BINDER
EPMS Parent and Family Engagement Plan (School PFEP)
* Please distribute to every student in your WINN class *
- DISTRIBUTE ALL FORMS ON WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 9,2019. ALL forms should be distributed during WINN Class.
- PLACE IN TITAN BINDERS: Students should place in Titan binder on top of their agenda. The purple forms are hole-punched for this purpose.
- ENGLISH/SPANISH: All forms are back-to-front in English and Spanish.
- COMMUNICATION TO PARENTS: Communication to parents/families: An email will be sent to every parent on Wednesday, October 9th, via Constant Contact for parents to look in their child's binder. Additional methods will include notification on social media (Facebook Group & Twitter @EPMSparentlisa) and in the Titan Talk newsletter. Requested: WINN teachers may also notify parents via email if they chose as an additional assignment.
- WINN TEACHERS PLEASE SIGN TITLE I TEACHER DISSEMINATION CHECKLIST: Please initial and sign the checklist for the School-Family Compact and the EPMS Parent & Family Engagement Plan. Note: The District (LEA) Parent and Family Engagement Plan has not yet arrived from the printer. Distribution is TBD (to be determined); District PFEP will be distributed when it comes.
DISTRIBUTION METHODS OF TITLE I DOCUMENTS
As your Parent Liaison, it is my pleasure to engage our families and community in our school to benefit all students. Our Schoolwide Title I Program at Elkins Pointe has a focus on Literacy and Math. We have many resources for our families and will hold Parent University workshops for our parents. Please visit the Parent Resource Center, located in the Media Center, by stopping in or make an appointment if you would like to meet with me!
Title I Documents are available in the following:
- Distributed as paper copies via WINN class
- Distributed on Information Day (School-Family Compact on Aug. 7, 2019)
- In the Parent Resource Center (Title I Parent Liaison office)
- Links on the Elkins Pointe Website
- Published in Titan Talk Newsletter
- Posted on Social Media
- In the Guidance Office (given out with new registrations)
- Available at Parent University Workshops, Annual Title I Parent Meeting, and Curriculum Night
If you have any special requests or need information about our Title I Schoolwide Program, please do not hesitate to reach out to me!
Title I Parent Liaison
Elkins Pointe Middle School
What is Title I?
Title I is a federally funded program designed to ensure that all children have a fair, equal, and significant opportunity to obtain a high-quality education and reach, at a minimum, proficiency on challenging state academic standards and state academic assessments.
The Title I program focuses on the academic needs of the most disadvantaged students.
What is the aim of Title I in Fulton County Schools?
Title I schools receive federal money to provide additional resources to:
- Support student instruction
- Improve teaching strategies
- Increase family engagement
Elkins Pointe Title I Programs & Events
- Annual Title I Meeting: The Annual Title I Parent Meeting was on August 23 at 6 pm in the Gym. All parents and families are invited to the Annual Title I Parent Meeting. All of the items below will be discussed in detail.
- Title I Schoolwide Plan: This plan is a detailed way Elkins Pointe plans to implement our schoolwide goals to increase growth and proficiency in Math and ELA/Reading. It outlines the metrics we use to measure student success. This document can be found on the Elkins Pointe website.
- School-Family Compact: This is an agreement on how the school supports you in assisting your child at home to achieve the school and district goals. It outlines ways to communicate with parents about student learning, core content areas to provide the most help for your child, and means for our school to build partnerships to support student success.
- EPMS Parent, and Family Engagement Plan: This plan is created using parent input. It outlines ways the school effectively communicates with parents, Parent University workshops would you like the school to provide, ways the school partners with parents in building ties between home and school and implementing family engagement parent programs.
- DISTRICT Parent, and Family Engagement Plan: This plan is created using parent input on the district level. It outlines ways the district effectively communicates with parents, ways the district partners with parents, where district Title I resources are located, and how the district implements family engagement programs.
- Parental Engagement Budget (1% set-aside and additional funds, a.k.a.carry-over): What instructional materials, supplies and/or learning games would you like to have available in the Parent Resource Center? Should we receive additional Title I funding during the year, how should those funds be spent to support student learning and parent engagement?
- Building Parent & Staff Capacity: This is the steps our school takes to more effectively communicate with, reach out to and work with parents as equal partners in their child’s education, as well as implement and coordinate parent programs. It is important to value our parents and families. We actively opportunities for our families to be utilized in the school.
- Family Engagement Program: Please tell us if you have suggestions, would you rate our school’s overall parental involvement program, and if our parent activities and meetings are held at convenient and flexible times, etc.
- Spring Input Meetings for the 2020-2021 School Year: In the Spring of 2020, we will hold a series of opportunities to collect input from our stakeholders which include our parents and families, teacher and staff, students, and community partners.
- Parent Resource Center: Elkins Pointe has a Parent Resource Center in the Media Center. The Title I Parent Liaison has an office in the Parent Resource Center. If you would like to visit the Parent Resource Center or the Parent Liaison, please come by during school hours: Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm. You can also make an appointment with our Parent Liaison.
- Parent University: This is a series of workshops for parents throughout the year. The workshops focus on ways to help your child at home. Workshops are presented at varied times of day, in person, and as Facebook Live videos.
Title I Documents on the Elkins Pointe Website
ELKINS POINTE TITLE I SCHOOL INFORMATION: