The Preschool Press
Friday, August 21, 2020
A NOTE FROM THE DIRECTOR
Wow! What a wonderful first week of school! We have amazing parents who followed drop off and pick up procedures beautifully, helping us keep our students and faculty safe. The children are adjusting to school well and learning procedures, but especially they are having FUN! We look forward to seeing everyone back next week for our first full week of school!
UPDATES AND HELPFUL INFO
Now that we have a few days under our belt, here are some updates to be aware of:
- You may send a water bottle for your child to be used at snack and lunch. The teachers will ensure they are stored safely. We will continue using disposable cups on the playground and in aftercare.
- If you have not signed the COVID-19 Liability and Release Waiver from the Tulsa Diocese, please do so ASAP and return it to the school via email or at arrival/dismissal. We have extra copies in the gym if you need one. Only one per family is needed.
- The recommendation from the CDC and the Tulsa Diocese has changed from a 48-hour fever rule to a 24-hour rule. If your child has a temperature of 100.4 or higher taken orally, he may return to school after he is fever free without fever-reducing medication for 24 hours. This is updated in our COVID-19 Plan for ECDC.
- Since our Meet the Teacher was so successful we have determined there is no need for a virtual Back to School meeting. Teachers will send home any additional information they need to share with parents via the child's backpack. Please feel free to reach out to teachers via phone or email if you have any questions. We also look forward to meeting individually with each parent at our Parent/Teacher Conferences on September 24th and 25th. More information about scheduling conferences will go out mid-September.
- Specialty teachers are looking forward to working with your children after Labor Day. Video introductions of our specialty teachers will go out next week so be sure to check them out!
- Each class has a private Facebook page. Be sure to join the group so you can see photos and news posted by your teachers each day.