NHW Weekly - May 2nd
To NHW Parents/Guardians:
Teacher Appreciation Week
Rocket Build Event for Grade 2, 3, & 4 students
Here's a website that explains all the details: tinyurl.com/PVErockets
The building event will take place on Saturday, 5/14 at Pleasantview Elementary from 1:00pm - 3:00pm. The launch event will take place at PVE on Sunday, 5/22 from 2:00 - 4:00pm.
Parents can sign up through the website above. It's a first-come, first-served opportunity. The signup form will go live at 5pm on Wednesday, 4/27. Sign up quick if interested as there is limited availability.
PSSA Communications to Parents
ELA PSSA's are over --- Math coming up
Attendance for ELA
Grade 3 - 2 absences
Grade 4 - 0 absences
Grade 5 - 0 absences
Grade 6 - 0 absences
Math testing will occur on Tuesday and Wednesday (May 3 and 4) in grades 3-6.
PTO Spring Book Fair
The PTO is also looking for Volunteers to help with the book fair during school hours. If you are free in the morning of May 11, 12, or 13th please contact Jen Kauffman to help.
Kindergarten Screenings -- NOW OPEN !!!
We hope you can find a place either at your home or another place to plant your seedling(s).
Moving Over the Summer Papers -- Due SOON
We appreciate those that have returned their forms to date.
Breakfast Changes this week
Monday - Blueberry Muffin top or pop tart fudge
Tuesday - Scooby Doo Grahams w/ Yogurt or Cereal Honey Cheerios
Wednesday - Mini Bagel w/Cream Cheese or Cereal Bar Trix
Thursday - French Toast or Cereal Frosted Flakes
Friday - Apple Frudel or Pop Tart Cinnamon
REGISTRATION COLOR FUN RUN - MAY 21ST
Click to enter Skyward, Volunteer Info, School Safety Tip Hotline, Transportation, Etc.
This Weeks PRIDE Winners Are.......
None this week
Grade K - Visit from the Rotary Club
Lost & Found Items Still Unclaimed
May PTO Meeting
The May PTO meeting is scheduled for May 10, 2022 at 6:00pm
Location: NHW Library
- Soda/Monster Drinks -- Please no soda or monster drinks in packed lunches / Water only in drink bottles in classrooms. See student handbook pages 9 & 10.
- Attendance -- Students leaving before 12:10pm and not returning to school will be marked a full day absence. Please schedule appointments later in afternoon.
- NHW After School Hours -- If visiting the school grounds after hours, please make sure your children are supervised at all times. Please make sure to exit grounds at dusk, and we ask that no children are knocking on the windows of the school. Thanks for your cooperation!
- Hybrid Days --- Please click here as hybrid has changed from last year.
- Water Bottles -- Please bring water bottles for your child to fill up during the day
- Kindergarten Registration --- Do you have a child who will be 5 on or before August 31, 2022? Do you plan to register them for kindergarten? If so, the online kindergarten registration process opened on February 1st at kinder.rlasd.net.
- Color Fun Run - Purchase your tickets (May 21, 2022) at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/color-fun-run-tickets-288896596497 Questions, call Erin Rogers for more details (410-262-2969).
- After School Events -- If there is a change in schedule, please contact the office immediately so there is no confusion to where your child should be. Emails sometimes are not received till after students dismiss for the day.
- Memory Books - They will be delivered towards the end of May 2022.
- Hersheypark Tickets --- They will be delivered by mid May 2022.
- Bowling Sign - Up -- Bowling signup is closed till the Fall.
- Lifetouch Spring Pictures - Any problems, contact Lifetouch 1-800-743-8997
- PM Car Riders -- A friendly reminder when picking up your child to not block Winterstown Road or the entrance to the school in any way. If there is a line out to the road, please park at the church or fire hall parking lot until the traffic begins to move. This is for the safety of our children, buses, other parents, and community drivers.
- AM Car Riders - Please do not drop children off before the bell rings at 8:45. This is for the safety of your child. There is no adult supervisor until 8:45am.
- First Aid Kit Fundraiser - All items should be delivered by mid-May.
2021-2022 School Year
2 - Running with the Lions After School - Grades 4-6
2 - PSSA PEP - "Motivational Monday" - Wear inspirational/positive/uplifting Clothes
3 - PSSA Math Grade 3-6 / Mrs. Byrley's Concert Orch @ LJM in PM
3 - PSSA PEP - "Be Yourself" - Sparkle and show that shine.
4 - PSSA Math Grade 3-6 / Orchestera Dress Rehearsal @ SH 6:00-8:00pm
4 - Running with the Lions After School - Grades K-6
4 - PSSA PEP - "May the 4th Be With You"
5 - Band Dress Rehearsal @ SH
5 - PSSA PEP - "Hip-Horay...We Did It" - Sit back and relax in comfy clothes
6 - PSSA PEP - "Teamwork" - Wear Black and Gold to show we are in this together.
7 - Spring Instrumental Concerts (Orchestra begins 5pm and Band 7pm @ SH)
8 - Mother's Day
9 - Running with the Lions After School - Grades 4-6
9 - Grades 3-4 PE Fun Day in the PM
10 - PSSA Science Grade 4 Only / PTO Meeting 6pm
10 - Grade 5-6 PE Fun Day in the PM
11 - PSSA Science Grade 4 Only
11 - Grade 3-4 PE Fun Day (Raindate)
11 - Running with the Lions After School Grades K-6 / PTO Spring Book Fair
11 - Parent Shopping PTO Spring Book Fair 5:00-7:00pm
12 - Grade K In-House Field Trip / PTO Spring Book Fair
13 - PTO Spring Book Fair Ends / Absentee Shopping for Book Fair
13 - Dorney Park for Voices of Pride and selected students
13 - Moving Over The Summer Paperwork Due
16 - Running with the Lions After School - Grades 4-6
16 - AM Music Assembly
17 - ACT 80 Day - No School for Students / Office Closed
17 - PE Fun Night Grades 3-6 (6:00-8:00pm)
18 - Running with the Lions After School - Grades K-6 (LAST SESSION)
18 - Grade 5-6 PE Fun Day (Rain Date)
19 - Red/White and Blue Spirit Day
19 - Grade K-2 Field Day in PM
21 - NHW Color Run Day (held at NHW Elem. School Building)
25 - Grade K-2 Field Day (Rain Date)
27 - Last Day of School for Students / Early Dismissal (TBA later)
27 - PM / Teacher Professional Development Day
30 - Memorial Day / Office is Closed
31 - Office is Open 7:30-4:30pm
1 - PTO Roller-R-Way Night 6:00-8:00pm (more info to come)
1 - Office is Open 7:30-4:30pm
2 - Office Closed in PM for the Summer (Tentative date)
Anyone needing inside the building, contact HughesS@rlasd.net to make
10 - Free Dental Clinic at York Expo
11 - Free Dental Clinic at York Expo
19 - Father's Day
3 - Red Lion Fireworks 9pm
4 - Independence Day
5 - Red Lion Fireworks 9pm (Rain date)
9 - PTO Meeting 6pm
13 - Red Lion Borough Street Fair 9:00am - 4:00pm
18 - Elementary Meet the Teacher Night
22 - 1st Day of School (Grades 1 - 12)
22 - Kindergarten Meet & Greet
23 - Kindergarten Meet & Greet
24 - Kindergarten 1st Day of School
** NOTE: District calendar days is subject to change as deemed necessary by the Board of School Directors **