Harris Weekly Update
DECEMBER 13 - DECEMBER 17
REMINDER...FRIDAY, STUDENTS ARE DISMISSED @ 11:55AM
Great job our numbers have increased!! Currently, we have about 79% of our students who have completed the application. We still have 21% of our parents who have not completed an application at all!!!
Here is the breakdown by grade level of how many applications HAVE been completed thus far:
K - 78%
1st - 77%
2nd - 82%
3rd - 82%
4th - 86%
5th - 78%
6th - 69%
Reminder, if our school wide goal is met, Mr. Roth will dress up as the lunch lady and serve students, we need to have 95% of the applications completed school-wide - we are only at 79% completed so far!
We want the kids to be excited, but since parents are the ones who need to complete the applications, we really need your HELP to reach this goal. Please take the time to complete the Free and Reduced lunch application, even if you don't think you would qualify.
THIS WEEK AT HARRIS
5th & 6th Grade Band/Strings Evening Concert
1Hr. Early Release Day @ 1:55 PM
Spirit Day, Wear School Colors or Harris Shirt
End of Semester, HALF-DAY @ 11:55 AM
Mon 12/20/21 - Mon 1/3/2022
Winter Break, No School
IMPORTANT DAILY SCHOOL REMINDERS
- Handicap Parking is for those that either have a designated plate or sticker prominently displayed. DO NOT park in this zone if you do not have a plate or sticker.
- There is NO LEFT TURN when leaving the Harris parking lot during the hours of 2:30PM-3:00PM
- Students cannot arrive on campus until 7:45 AM as there is NO School Supervision until this time. For the safety of your child, please be sure they are not left unattended.
- Reminders: Parents will not be allowed inside the building without prior approval. Safety for our children must remain top priority.
- Please remember to bring your ID when picking up your student during school hours. This is for the safety of your student.
- The cut-off time to pull students out early is 2:35PM (1:35PM on Weds) If you arrive after this time to sign your child out, you will have to wait until the dismissal bell rings.
- We understand life happens and there are times when you may be late after school to pick up your child. Please be sure to communicate with the front office if this should occur. Otherwise, we expect your child to be picked up on time as school ends promptly @ 2:55 PM (1:55PM on Weds) (11:55AM in half days)
What Does It Mean To Be A Title I School?
Title I is the largest federal aid program for public schools. Schools can be designated as “Title I” if certain criteria are met. Title I is the federal government’s commitment to closing the achievement gap between low-income and moderate to high income students. These funds are used to help all students meet academic standards. Click the links below to learn more!