CSA Lincoln Newsletter
Friday, September 20th
Thanks to you, we ended the school fundraiser in spectacular fashion. Through the Serve-a-thon, students collected $12,434.39! Because of their hard work and your generosity, all of our field trips, field day rentals, and student prizes will be fully funded. That means we won't have to ask any parent to pay a portion of field trip costs. I sincerely appreciate your continued support!
Our Principals for a Day students will be working on Friday, October 4th. This will give us time to get their gear ready and make plans. The following students will be our principals! Cayden Denton, Margy Hale, Skylar Bailey, Stella Streevel, Aniket Ghatge, Hazel Kelley, Ciara Bragg, Natalie Pickup, Kendall Garrett, Sophia Sellers, and Paige Finke.
Mrs. Biehle's class collected the most money and won a pizza party AND root beer floats.
We had four additional classes who eclipsed the $1,000 mark, and we decided that since they doubled their class goal, they should also earn pizza parties. Those classes were Miss Cook, Mrs. George, Miss Fenske, and Mr. Shipley. A reminder that all students will be receiving a Husky water bottle for their support of the fundraiser!
- Third Grade will be at the Farmer's Market tomorrow selling their products. A reminder that this week's market will be located in the parking lot behind City Hall.
- Parent-Teacher Conferences will be the week of September 30th. Teachers have sent home information regarding your time to meet. We believe this face-to-face interaction is beneficial to ensuring your child hears a consistent message both at school and at home.
- Great work by Miss Busack and Mrs. George on their Classroom Transformations! I've included a video from their classroom in the newsletter.
- School Pictures are headed home today.
- The Art Room is looking for a few donation items. Any recyclables are great (cardboard, bottles, bottle caps, plastic containers, paper towel rolls, etc.)! She is also accepting any old lego sets.
Congratulations to Miss Cook's class! They are the new keepers of the CSA Lincoln Dodgeball Belt. I've included a video recap of the tournament in the newsletter.
Have a great weekend,
Important Upcoming Dates and Notes
Please mark these dates on your calendar!
- 9/30-10/3 Parent-Teacher Conferences
- 9/30-10/4 Book Fair
- 10/2- Walk to School Day (Meet at Mill Race Park)
- Basketball Tryouts will be the week of October 14th. Details regarding tryout times for both boys and girls is TBA. All students must have a physical on file to participate.
Husky Gram Winners
Donate your gently loved books!
PTO will be accepting book donations from Monday, September 30 - Friday, October 4! Get ready because October brings loads of reading/literacy fun for your family! Family Night: Book Bingo/Literacy event is right around the corner so we'd like to ask you, "Do you have any books that your child has grown out of?" "Do you need to make room on your bookshelves for all the great new books your child wants to purchase at the upcoming book fair?" If the answer is yes, please consider donating your gently loved books (picture books - YA) to the PTO to pass along to all the book lovers attending our free Book Bingo event! The donation box will be labeled and located right inside the front entrance doors near the big husky paw.
If you have ideas, comments, or questions OR you want to join the PTO email list to receive info and opportunities in your inbox you can always reach us at email@example.com
PTO Meeting - October 17th, 6:00-7:00 pm
Family Night: Book Bingo/Literacy Night - Oct. 18th 6:00-700pm
CSA Reading Challenge
Welcome to an exciting new Reading Challenge for CSA Lincoln students. In this challenge, we will travel the world, making stops at each continent. At each stop, students can choose books they are interested in while exploring various genres for grades 3-6 and the author’s last name or title for K-2. There will be weekly drawings for participants and prizes for continental completions.
CSA Lincoln on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter
Facebook: CSA Lincoln Community
Click here for directions on how to receive text message updates from Mr. Findley