Hoboken Public School District
Superintendent's Daily Message - June 10, 2020
I hope that you and your children had a good day. Over the next week or two, principals will be contacting each family to come to school during a scheduled time to collect personal belongings. These times will be spaced out and only small numbers will be scheduled at any given time. Surveys will be sent asking families if that would like to be scheduled now or in a few weeks. We ask that all families that do come to pick up personal belongings wear masks and gloves, and bring bags for collecting items. We understand that there are many people that are away, so will begin with those who are able to come in.
As the school year winds down, there are a number of school celebrations and ceremonies that I would like to share with you.
- Hoboken High School's Virtual Academic & Scholarship Awards - Thursday, June 11th at 6 p.m. Join us via YouTube Live!
- Hoboken School District's Virtual Band Banquet - Friday, June 12th
- Brandt 5th Grade Virtual Moving Up Ceremony - Tuesday, June 16th
- Brandt Kindergarten Class Virtual Moving Up Ceremonies - Wednesday, June 17th
- Connors 5th Grade Virtual Moving Up Ceremony - Tuesday, June 16th
- Connors Kindergarten Class Virtual Moving Up Ceremonies - Wednesday, June 17th
- Wallace 5th Grade Virtual Moving Up Ceremony - Tuesday, June 16th
- Wallace Kindergarten Class Virtual Moving Up Ceremonies - Wednesday, June 17th
- Hoboken Middle School Moving Up Ceremony - Thursday, July 9th
- Hoboken High School Graduation - Wednesday, July 8th
Families involved in each of these activities will receive invitations, tickets or access codes depending on the event. As each event nears, I will post additional information for member of the community on the Alerts Box on our website's homepage.
This edition of The Herald includes:
- Daily videos from our Principals;
- K-8 Social and Emotional Learning Week Poster for 6/15 - 6/18;
- High School Concert Band Video;
- Wellness and Theater Videos;
- Kindergarten Virtual Day of Visitation Videos;
- Social and Emotional Learning & COVID Resources.
It's great to back in touch with all of you. I will continue to check in daily. I hope that you will also check in with me. Stay well. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at your convenience.
Daily Messages From Our School Principals and Supervisor of Early Childhood Education
Hoboken High School's Rockin' Redwings
Daily Theater Activities by Ms. Miller
Tuesday Namaste with Dr. A ~
Meditation with Mrs. Ellis ~
Kindergarten Virtual Day of Visitation
Hoboken Public School District's Counseling Department Website for Social Emotional Learning Resources. See Below:
2020-2021 Approved School District Calendar
You've Asked and We've Responded
For the Assistant Superintendent, you may email email@example.com
Below, you will find each school's directory:
Hoboken Public Schools - A District Dedicated to Rigor, Relevance, and Relationships
The Hoboken Public School District will be recognized as a premier educational choice and widely known as a best-practice model for academic growth, high quality instruction, innovative and equitable programs, engagement, facilities and personalized pathways that are essential for college, career and life-preparedness in our ever-changing, interconnected global society.
The Hoboken Public School District will prepare confident and resilient graduates who value academic achievement, embrace challenge, honor diversity, appreciate collaboration, and respectfully contribute to their local and wider communities.
Our District Goals
The Hoboken Public School District will implement a rigorous, relevant and responsive curriculum that meets the needs of all students, fosters personalized pathways for learning, and ensures continuous academic growth.
The Hoboken Public School District will support its diverse staff in professional growth, encourage them to serve as role models, and empower them to provide the highest quality of instruction for our students.
The Hoboken Public School District will develop and implement unique and innovative programs that promote global learning, ensure equitable access, and foster the social, emotional and academic growth of each student.
The Hoboken Public School District will engage and communicate with families and the wider community to bridge understanding and advance partnerships.
The Hoboken Public School District will operate well-maintained and safe facilities that respond to our growing student enrollment, support our academic and co-curricular programs, and promote pride across the city.