B5 Transitional Three's Ms. Meghan
- Next weeks theme: I Learn Through My Senses Sight/Smell
- Storybook Parade, October 29th
Reminders / Notes
- What are the stages of writing development? (1) Scribbling just to scribble. (2) Scribbling as pretend writing (often next to a drawing) (3) Writing pretend letters or strings of letters (4) Attempting to spell using letter/sound knowledge (5) Writing with many correct spellings in simple sentences. Our class will fall into the first 2 stages. Scribbling is important. Just taking caps off the markers is fun, and making the clicking sound as we put them back on.
- Nap Time: We are having some struggles at nap time. Please refer to the daily notes to see if we were able to get a nap that day. We are a Transitional class so things change for us as the year moves on. Please be assured that if we do not nap we are taking advantage of the extra time in our day with more learning time.
- REMINDER: We have NEW cabinets / storage in our room! YEAH!!!!!! I am now able to store nap mats safely. I will send them home during breaks unless they become soiled. (If you want a mat sent home for any reason please let me know) I hope you are as excited about this as I am.
- Storybook Parade: Please be thinking of a way to dress your child like their favorite Storybook character. This is such a cute and fun parade! I have my costume all ready to go!!!
- WOW!!! We had another amazing week! I am so proud of all my friends!
What We Are Working on This Month
- Shape: Circle
- Color: Purple
- Counting: 10 (general counting)
- Bible Verse / Song: "Trust in the Lord and do good" psalm 37:3 ( We are jumping to this song)
- Frog Street Press: Circle (A.K.A. Cindy Circle)
- Calendar: October, season, daily weather observations, days of the week song
What We Did This Week
- We enjoyed puzzles, dinosaur magnets, dinosaur books, fishing in the sensory table, legos on the light table, Little Pet Shop, play dough, letter construction, crayons, chalk, and markers in our centers.
- We had our weekly Blue Hall story time on Thursday. My Friends were great listeners. It was so much fun!
- We went on Adventure walks. We climbed mountains, found acorns, looked at patterns, found circles, squares, flowers and several fire hydrants. Guess what the favorite was ;-)
- For Art, painted on leaf shaped paper on Tuesday. Wednesday we made apple prints. Thursday we painted with a tooth brush and Friday we painted with corks to make a fall tree.
- At lunch time we are listening to books on tape: "Pete the Cat I love my white shoes", and "Fifteen Animals" (these were all requests, I LOVE my Friends!!!)
- We read: "Happy Birthday Hamster!", "Pete the Cat and the bedtime blues", "Parts", "Count the Monkeys", "The Pigeon needs a bath!", "Open Very Carefully a book with bite", "We are in a book!", "I broke my trunk!", "Counta Block" "Don't Push the button!", "I don't want to be a frog", "Dinosaurs Love Underpants", "Pirates Love Underpants", "Goldilocks and the three dinosaurs", "Go! Go! Go! Stop!", "Dino Block", "I will chomp you!", and "Circle". Our favorite book this week was "Open Very Carefully a book with bite"