Week of May 2
Week at a Glance-Happy Teacher/Nurse Appreciation Week
Monday, May 2
- Short Staff meeting in the library after school
- Norma here today to demo close reading strategies-schedule sent out
- Free Jeans week for Teacher Appreciation Week
Tuesday, May 3
Wednesday, May 4
- Museum Night starts at 6:00 PM
- Jessica's First Book Signing
- Teacher of the Year Gala to celebrate Kathryn Jordan, RES Teacher of the Year!
Friday, May 6
- Spirit Day
- Lunch provided by Kerri, Chad and Michelle
- Each one of you is appreciated for everything you do for our kids, community and staff. This week we will be doing some special things to celebrate you!
- Thanks to Michelle G. and Pam for helping to make a plan for Jamika with math. Jamika has everything planned out and Michelle and Pam have been her to be her "feet" so that Jamika can stay off of hers as much as possible.
- Thanks to everyone that wished me a happy birthday. It was very sweet and I really appreciate it.
- Thanks to Magaly and Deedra for covering classes.
- Thanks to the SPED teachers and EAs for rearranging their schedules as our student population has changed and we were short and EA this week. I appreciate your flexibility.
- Thanks to LaShall and her staff for getting everything prepared for the ASPIRE Showcase. We had kids enter art projects and many students "placed". We had a basketball team that did really well! Our team was one game away from the championship game.
- Birdville ISD has partnered with Clarity BrightBytes to survey students, parents, and campus staff on the impact of technology use both inside and outside the classroom. The results of the survey will help BISD develop appropriate digital learning opportunities to best serve the needs of all students. The District is also committed to providing appropriate digital resources, at the right cost, in order to maximize the use of existing technology. BrightBytes is a web-based, research-driven tool that will assist BISD evaluate the current digital learning approaches and technologies available to our students. All questionnaires — student, teachers, and parents — are available in Spanish. Participants can toggle in the top right-hand corner of their questionnaire screen between English and Spanish.
Completion times per survey:Student Survey (Grades 3-8) - 15 Minutes
Teacher Survey - 15 Minutes
Campus Administration Survey - 5 Minutes
Parent Survey - 5 Minutes
Now Through May 6, 2016
Bright Bytes link for Richland Elementary: http://www.birdvilleschools.net/Page/47417
Effective Friday, April 8 after 12 p.m., staff members who manage a BISD Schoolwires website will be able to use their BISD network login ID and password to log into their Schoolwires website.
Tibits of Info
- We will have a short staff meeting this Monday in the library.
- Norma will be here on Monday. If you told me you were interested in seeing a close reading lesson, I sent out the schedule to you. Every grade level should be prepared to meet Norma during your planning time to debrief about lesson demonstrated, ask questions about writing and writing portfolios.
- Chad will be sending out testing information this week. Please pay careful attention to any email he sends out even if you are not a testing grade level. We will not have specials on Monday or Tuesday next week, but we will have specials on Wednesday.
- Please be prepared to meet for our last collaborative for with EOY info after STAAR testing. Our window for getting EOY data in has been extended. Keeping your schedule as normal as possible, we will help keep the students behaved. Also, you may want to have incentives to help them stay on track.
- The kids are already starting to get restless as we are starting to wind up the year.
- Every child should have a writing portfolio. You should have a writing sample from the beginning, middle and end of the year. These portfolios will not be due until the end of the year. Magaly has extra folders and writing score sheets if you need them.
- The Fort Worth Museum is coming to our school this Wednesday. Please remind your families about this event.. They will bring an indoor planetarium. There will be free tickets to the planetarium and it will be on a first come, first serve basis. Please publicize this event to your parents. If you are able to stay or come back for this event, that would be great. EAs please see me if you are interested in comp time.
May 9-Math STAAR
May 10-Reading STAAR
May 11-Science STAAR
May 13-District Retirement Luncheon to honor Carolyn
Week of May 15-Book Fair and snack week
May 15-All library books due today
May 16- PTA Board Meeting and Fundraiser Party for PTA
May 17-PTA Meeting/Choir Concert @ 6:00 PM
May 18-Talent Show Practice
May 19-Choir to NRH2O
May 20-Field Day
May 24-Richland's Got Talent
May 25-Capstone Projects presentations in the library
May 25-4th/5th to go on a field trip to sing with and hear organ
May 26-3rd Grade Field Trip
May 27-5th Grade trip to Park
May 27-1-4 Awards Ceremonies
May 27-Kinder Graduation at 2:00 PM
Colors: Red and Blue
Grade Levels: Pre-Kindergarden-5th Grade
Remind Staff Link Info: https://remind.com/join/resataff15