Friedell Middle School
November 22 - 26 Newsletter
EVENTS and HAPPENINGS
- Monday is an "A" day
- Tuesday is a "B" day
- Wednesday is no school for teacher professional development
- Thursday is no school for fall break
- Friday is no school for fall break
Upcoming dates and events:
- November 29th - 30th: Musical Auditions (See info below!)
- Until December 1st: Registration has re-opened for the Ski Club!
- December 1st: Musical Callback Auditions
- December 6th: Friedell 8th Grade Orchestra Concert
- December 8th: Friedell 6th and 7th Grade Orchestra Concert
- December 13 - 18: 8th Grade Information (See below)
- December 14th: Friedell 7th and 8th Grade Band Concert
- Give to the Max day is today! If you are willing to donate to our Educator Resiliency project, please use the link below!
- Please be certain your student comes to school each day with a mask (an extra mask is a good idea also!)
- Please work with your student on items that are dropped off to the office. We are not always able to deliver them to the student directly, so please let them know to check into the office when they tell you an item was forgotten at home.
- Friedell is looking for help in our Student Nutrition Services area! It is a few hours per day. Please consider applying if you have any interest or time to support!
- Parents, for increased safety, please have students cross in the crosswalk, not simply through the parking lot. We have seen an increase in risky behavior darting between cars and buses during morning dropoff and afternoon pickup!
We are participating in Give to the Max Day(s) for Friedell! Check out the link for more information on our Educator Resiliency project!
FRIEDELL MUSICAL INFORMATION!
- Monday 11/29/2021
- Tuesday 11/30/2021
- Callback Auditions on 12/1/2021
Performance dates are March 9 - 11th (Anticipated)
Please note there is a $20 activity fee for participating in the Friedell Musical. This is paid after auditions and we have scholarships available if needed.
Please note that most of the Musical takes place at Kellogg Middle School Auditorium. Transportation to Kellogg is not avaialble through the school.
Questions about the Musical may be send to the director Ms. Poppy Lear
8th GRADE INFORMATION
We are anticipating that the discussions about High School registration, credit earning, electives, and timelines will begin the week of December 13th for most of our students. Each High School (Mayo, John Marshall, and Century) has slightly different timelines and structures to their process. We will work to communicate with parents when we have additional information!
If you have specific questions as we move forward, you can call our office at Friedell and we can work to find an answer for your question. Our contact info is 507-328-5650 or firstname.lastname@example.org
PTSA - INFO and UPDATES!
Farewell Friedell Planning Committee
Our Farewell Friedell planning committee will begin meeting in January to create a celebration worthy of our great middle school. If you are interested in helping plan our farewell - to include former students, teachers, staff, and families - email us at email@example.com. You’ll receive more information about this committee in early January.
PTSA on the Parent Portal
The PTSA has its own page on Friedell’s parent portal. The portal page includes information about our meeting dates and events. We hope you’ll add us to your Bookmarks to stay connected to Friedell PTSA.
Oraculi is a free STEM virtual mentorship program that pairs middle- and high-school students interested in research and scientific inquiry with young professionals and Rochester Public Schools alumni. Students will work virtually in small groups with a mentor to develop and complete an individual or team research project.
No prior research experience is necessary - all students need to bring is curiosity.
Students in this program will be well positioned to present their findings at the 2022 Rochester Regional STEM Fair in February 2022, if they would like.
Virtual mentorship begins 11/14/2021 - register today:
Learn more about the STEM Fair itself at: https://www.rochesterce.org/enrichment/youth/stemfair/. Registration opens on November 8 through Community Education - you have until January 21, 2022 to register to participate in the Fair.
STUDENT/FAMILY TECHNOLOGY HELPDESK
The Remote Distance Learning Technical Support Team for families and students will solve for issues like:
- Support for standard softward like Microsoft Office, Adobe, G Suite
- Support for some hardware like printers, Internet, and Wi-Fi Connectivitie
Families and students will be able to receive support from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday through Friday (excluding Holidays). Simply call 1-800-78-0051
This information can also be found on our district website by following this link.
Student Support Services