KCA Saint Weekly
A weekly posting for Kingdom Christian Academy
Notes from the Board
The KCA Board of Directors met on Tuesday, December 15, 2015. The following are highlights from that meeting.
- Pastor Preston & Kami Thompson presented the idea of purchasing Southside Baptist Church’s current building. They expressed that they believe KCA should still build, but presented Southside as a viable option for an interim space. They are willing to give tours of the building to staff and faculty that would like to see Southside.
- During the treasurer's report Travis reported we had a positive cash flow of approximately $32,000. Income has been substantially less than budgeted, but expenses have also been substantially less.
- Board members reported on their assigned tasks from last month's meeting. Tasks included: improving communication, holding another open-type meeting, increasing prayer, and investigating disunity.
- Based on predicted expense increases for next school year, The board voted to increase tuition by $100 for next year, to $3800 and that of qualified grant aid tuition by $100 to $2450.
- The board passed a motion to continue offering a one month tuition refund to KCA families who refer new students to KCA by October 1st, and they stay the entire year. The refund will be issued after tuition is paid in full. It will be one month per student referred.
The next board meeting is scheduled for January 19 at 7 PM.
Items to Keep you in the Know!
- Great American orders were given out to students yesterday.
- If you should have any concerns with your order, please contact Great American at: 1.800.251.1542 or email: email@example.com They offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
- Milk will not be served Monday or Tuesday when we return from Christmas break, Water will be available.
Thank you & Needs
- A special THANK YOU to Ebenezer Baptist Church for their donation of $10,000 towards our building fund.
- Need-Workers to help with cleaning at KCA on 12/21 from 3pm-6pm. We will be deep cleaning (cobwebs and floor edges). Please email Mrs. Eichman at: firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to help.
- Need-Cleaning rags that are old dishtowels or dishcloths