Board Meeting Summary
Glen Ellyn School District 41
June 3, 2019 Regular Board Meeting
Meetings are video streamed live online and the videos are archived on the District website, Click Here.
President Robert Bruno, Vice President Jason Loebach, Secretary Linda D’Ambrosio, Jessica Buttimer, Bruce Currie, Linda D’Ambrosio, Ted Estes, Julie Hill
Public Hearing | watch
Adjourn the Public Hearing
Superintendent's Report | watch
- Celebration: Hadley Junior High : School to Watch
Superintendent Paul Gordon congratulated Hadley Junior High School on receiving the designation as a School to Watch by the Illinois Association of Middle-Grade Schools. Hadley Principal Steve Diveley shared additional information about the honor. Teacher Megan Ruschke and Assistant Principal Robert Guzzetti also spoke about their experience going through the evaluation process. Click here for a video about this designation.
- Long-Range Plan End of the Year Update | watch
Dr. Gordon presented the Long-Range Plan update for this past academic year. He shared the results of all six strategic priorities with the Board. He noted that the Academic Update would be presented to the Board of Education in the fall.
- Special Education Strategic Plan Year 3 Update | watch
Director of Student Services Laurel O’Brien presented an update about the process the committee went through to develop year three of the plan. Board members asked questions and engaged in discussion based on the strategic plan created by the Special Education Strategic Plan Committee. Both Dr. Katie McCluskey and Mrs. O’Brien provided detailed information in response to Board members.
Presentations | watch
- Parent Teacher Advisory Committee Update
Benjamin Franklin School Principal Jeff Burke presented an update on the work of this committee and shared that they are focusing on social emotional learning standards across the District.
- Preliminary 2019/20 Draft Budget | watch
Assistant Superintendent for Finance, Facilities and Operations Eric DePorter shared the budget presented is only a draft and it could change prior to final approval. The budget will come to the Board for approval in August.
- Supplemental Pay | watch
Assistant Superintendent Marci Conlin presented about the recent work of the Supplemental Pay Committee. The committee is bringing forward two committees for the Board to consider and approve.
- Churchill Science Olympiad
- Auditorium Lights and Sounds Club at Hadley
This will be coming back to the Board for approval on June 17.
Consent Agenda | watch
*Mr. Currie asked to pull the payment order from the consent agenda.
Approved Consent Agenda as modified:
- Employment Recommendations
Finance, Facilities & Operations
- School District Payment Order - May 14, 2019 - May 29, 2019
- FOIA Report - May 14, 2019 - May 29, 2019
- Appointment of School District Treasurer
Board Meeting Minutes
- May 13, 2019 - Special Meeting Minutes
- May 13, 2019 - Closed Special Meeting Minutes
- May 20, 2019 - Regular Meeting Minutes
- May 20, 2019 - Closed Meeting Minutes
(Voted Yes - Butttimer, Bruno, D’Ambrosio, Currie, Estes, Hill, Loebach)
School District Payment Order | watch
(Voted Yes - Buttimer, Estes, Hill, Loebach, Bruno)
(Voted No - Currie)
(Abstained - D’Ambrosio)
- Consolidated Grant Application | watch
(Voted Yes - Buttimer, Bruno, Currie, D’Ambrosio, Estes, Hill, Loebach)
- Professional Development of Inclusionary Practices 2019/20 School Year | watch
(Voted Yes - Buttimer, Bruno, Estes, Hill, Loebach)
(Voted No - Currie, D’Ambrosio)
- Limitation of Administrative Costs Resolution | watch
(Voted Yes - Buttimer, Estes, Hill, Bruno, Loebach) (Voted No - Currie, D’Ambrosio)
Items for Consideration for Future Agenda | watch
Other | watch
Monday, June 17, 2019 | Regular Board Meeting at Central Services Office 7:00 p.m.