Be Kind, Work Hard, Be Brave
Note From Principal Graham
Upcoming Important Dates
Everyday - Bring a mask and water bottle
Now till April 22 - Yearbooks For Sale - Sold Online Only. Information below.
February 23 - 4K Ready Virtual Family Fun Hour
February 24 - Spring Pictures (Pre-Pay)
February 24 - PTA Meeting 4 pm (Virtual)
March 15 - Holiday / No School
April 5-9 - Spring Break
Spring Picture Day - February 24
Spring is around the corner and what better time to get a great picture of your child with a beautiful Spring scenic background. Spring pictures will be this Wednesday and all pictures will need to be purchased prior to Wednesday for your child's picture to be taken.
If you filled out the FERPA form at the beginning of the year stating your child can not be photographed, but now wish for them to be, please contact the front office at 803-821-0100 to get another form to resubmit with your change prior to Wednesday.
LOOLA students who purchase by Wednesday may come to the school's bus loop on picture day between 11-12:00 to have their child's picture taken.
How do you order? It's simple:
1. Order Online at www.strawbridge.net and use code: FM351469
2. Turn in payment made payable to Strawbridge Studios to your child's teacher by Wedndsay morning at 7:50am. Please reach out to your child's teacher prior to Wednesday to assure they received your payment envelope.
Ready 4K Virtual Family Fun Hour - Feb. 23
PTA Volunteer Opportunity - March 11
OGES PTA has a volunteer opportunity:
Thursday, March 11th
Please take a look at the link for more information and volunteer time slots.
Congratulations Ms. Rosario
Please Keep the School Nurse Updated ....... (803) 821-0120 / firstname.lastname@example.org
it is important that we continue to monitor and contact trace for COVID.
Here is what we need to know:
1) If your student tests positive for COVID
2) If your student is identified as a close or household contact of someone who has tested positive for COVID
Please contact Wendy Rea, the school nurse, at 803-821-0120 or by email at email@example.com to discuss the next steps.
Thank you for helping keep our school safe and healthy.
Students Need to Bring a Mask to School
Please place an extra mask in their bookbag. This is great for if your child forgets, then they will have a spare with them to use.
No Outside Food
4K Program Application Process Now Open
What will I need to apply?
- Child’s official birth certificate with parents’ names listed (not a wallet or short-form certificate)
- Completed S.C. Certificate of Immunization
- Current electric bill/statement showing parent’s name and home address within the district for proof of residency
- Parent’s driver’s license or other state or federal photo identification
Questions?: Feel free to call Ms. Whittle at (803) 821-0104 as she is happy to help you.
5K Registration - Late Spring
Once open, the registration process will be posted at https://www.lexdistrict1.com/academics/5-year-old-kindergarten.
If you would like to be contacted when a registration date and time is set, please complete this form.
Free Breakfast and Lunch
Free Take-Home Meals and Meal Pick-up
- Face-to-Face students may sign up for hybrid take-home meals to be picked up on Thursdays before they leave for the day. They must complete the form by 9 a.m. on Thursdays and can find their hybrid take-home meal sign up form here. They need to look for their school's name under "Hybrid Take Home Meal Order Forms".
- LOOLA students may sign up for their meals to be picked up on Fridays, between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m., at one of the school locations listed below. They must complete this form by 6 p.m. on Tuesdays. The form will reopen at 1 p.m. each Friday for the following week's meal service. (Please note that the form is now closed for this Friday's meal service. It will re-open on Friday at 1 p.m.)
- Carolina Springs Middle School
- Forts Pond Elementary School
- Gilbert Elementary School
- Oak Grove Elementary School
- White Knoll Elementary School
Helpful OGE Website Links
Hello OGES Families! While this is not new information, I just wanted to remind everyone of a few helpful sites that will help you stay informed with important information or give you information that may help you with your student.
School Website: http://oges.lexington1.net/
School Counselor"s Site: https://sites.google.com/lexington1.net/ogescounseling
Facebook: Oak Grove Patriots
As always, please feel free to contact me if you need any assistance! I can always be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org and at 803-821-0150.
Attendance Guidelines for Parents
Using Amazon Smile Donates to OGE PTA
New procedures are in place to maintain the safety of our students, staff, and parents.
Parents may walk their child/children to the entrance of the school but we ask that you do not enter the building past the front office.
All students are required to wear a mask. If they do not have one, we will provide one for you before you enter the building.
Children will have time throughout the day to clean their hands and also provide mask breaks as we know wearing a mask during the school day will be a new learning experience.
In order to keep our staff and students safe, we are not allowing parents/guardians to deliver lunch or other items during the day.
We will be practicing social distancing in the classroom.
The students will be in one classroom during the day observing the family model. Social distancing will take place as movement occurs in the hallway.
Since we are in the family-style model, we will be eating lunch in our classrooms. We will be unable to accommodate having guests come to school to each lunch with their child or visit the classroom.
All rooms are equipped with hand sanitizer installed on the walls and individual pumps. We ask that everyone use our school provided hand sanitizer.
Plexiglass has been installed for all student desk areas.
Lexington County School District One’s Nondiscrimination Statement
Lexington County School District One is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all students, parents/legal guardians, staff, visitors, personnel and community members who participate or seek to participate in its programs or activities. Therefore, the district does not discriminate against any individual on the basis of race, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or any related medical conditions), color, disability, age, genetic information, national origin or any other applicable status protected by local, state or federal law.
The district will use the grievance procedures set forth in policy to process complaints based on alleged violations of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; the Age Discrimination Act of 1975; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967; the Equal Pay Act of 1963; the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008; and Titles I and II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The district designates specific individuals to handle inquiries or complaints. To find out whom to contact and how to contact them, please go to our website at http://www.lexington1.net/contact-us.