Slate Hill Newsletter
November 20, 2022
Dear Slate Hill Families,
We appreciate your support of our building wide expectations and your conversations with your child about their learning and behavior at home.We are all thankful for your support, input, participation and partnership with your child's learning and growth. We love our Slate Hill families and appreciate all that you do!
We hope all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
The Adventure Awaits at the Slate!
Julie Gulley, Slate Hill Principal
Slate Hill Family Author and Game Night- December 1st from 6:30-8:00pm
Spirit Week during Thanksgiving Week! (planned by our Student Leadership Team)
On Tuesday, November 22nd - Favorite Thanksgiving Food Day! Wear the color of your favorite Thanksgiving food (feel free to add accessories to show your favorite food, for example a turkey hat)
Red - Cranberry Sauce
Orange - Pumpkin Pie
White - Mashed Potatoes
Green - Green Beans
Brown - Turkey
Yellow - Corn
Gray - Stuffing
Slate Hill Spirit Wear!
We are excited to announce that now through November 30th there is a PTA Spiritwear sale with a new design! Check out the online store at http://bit.ly/slatehillspirit or order using the QR code in the below attached flier. Orders will arrive before Winter Break in December. Thank you for supporting our PTA and our Slate Hill Stars!
WORTHINGTON DYSLEXIA WORKSHOP
Worthington Schools is hosting a parent workshop on dyslexia on December 6th at the Worthington Education Center. More information and specifics can be found in the flyer below.
Student Safety Reminders
- Please use the car rider line (rather than parking out back) when dropping off/picking up your students by car.
- While picking up/dropping off your student in the car rider line; please stay in your vehicle. Staff members will assist your student to/from the vehicle safely.
- Please only drive in the appropriate parking lot lane, as trying to drive into the lanes where cars are exiting is unsafe.
- If you have walked to the back of the school to pick up your students, please wait in the grassy area by the tree to receive them. There are many students exiting the building at dismissal and we need for everyone to be able to walk out the school doors safely.
- We are all excited for the opening of the new section of the playground, but in order for all students to stay safe, we need for ALL STUDENTS & FAMILIES to exit the playground and school grounds at dismissal. You may return after 3:05pm if you would like to use the playground after school hours.
Health Clinic Request
If you would like to help a family in the Worthington school district this holiday season, the volunteer form is up and running. There are several ways you can help this year:
- Monetary Gift/Gift Cards
- Family Stocking (Stocking filled with gift cards, generic stocking stuffers, etc. estimated spend $50-$100)
- Sponsor a Family (minimum of $75 per family member to be spent)
Please use the following link to sign up:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Thank you!!
- Dec. 7th - Panda Express restaurant night from 10:30am-9pm at 1388 Gemini Pl location. Use promo code 345046
- Jan. 11th - Chipotle restaurant night! 4-8pm at 191 E. Campus View Blvd. location
Joining Kroger Community Rewards is a great way to support the PTA! The program is free and does not take anything away from your Fuel Points or any other Kroger programs. To get started, click here! Our organization is Slate Hill PTA or use code IW349.
We hope you will join our PTA this year and support the great things they are doing for our Slate Hill Stars! You can join by completing the paper form that was sent home with your student(s), or by using this link. https://slatehillpta.memberhub.com/store
Who HQ History Bee!
Title I Information
Title I, Part A (Title I) of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act, as amended by the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESEA), provides financial assistance to local educational agencies (LEAs) and schools with high numbers or high percentages of children from low-income families to help ensure that all children meet challenging state academic standards. Our school receives Title IA funding.
Parents/families of students in our building have a right to know about teacher qualifications and state-mandated assessments. In addition to being linked here, these documents are available on the Title IA page of our school website.
A great way to develop gratitude alongside your child is by using the GLAD method. Check out this resource for step-by-step instructions on the GLAD process that can be done at the dinner table or at bedtime.
Stefanee Loges, MA
Licensed Professional School Counselor
Slate Hill Elementary School
As a reminder, if your child has any of the following symptoms, we strongly suggest that you keep them home from school and contact their pediatrician for additional guidance:
Temperature 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher when taken by mouth
New or worsened cough
New onset severe headache
Shortness of breath
Loss of taste or smell
Vomiting or diarrhea
If your student has COVID-19 symptoms, you can pick up a test from your school's office.
Slate Hill Elementary School
Follow us on Instagram! @slatehillstars