Evangelization Weekly Bulletin
05-14-2016 This Week's FYI's
SAVE THE DATE
Office of Special Needs Ministry
We ask for prayers for Deacon Bill!
We pray that God grant him the healing that he needs to be well again soon and that he also grant him and his family the patience and strength to get through these difficult days of recovery. In Gods name we ask...Lord hear our prayer.
- Met with Loyola Press representative to discuss presentation
- Camp GLOW sessions are filing rapidly
- Discussion with Catholic Review Visual Journalist for video on Camp GLOW
- St. Brigid parish request for sacramental preparation assistance
- Scheduled meeting with music minister – Camp GLOW
- Scheduled meeting with two camp companions
- Mass for Deaf community in Frederick
- Request for interpreter for sacramental preparation St. Stephen, Bradshaw
- Request for interpreters for upcoming Archdiocesan ordinations
Office of Worship
Confirmations at COMQ went well overall, albeit a few bumps:
- The Cathedral was at capacity
- Each candidate received a copy of the book “Beautiful Mercy” as a gift from the Department of Evangelization.
- Volunteers Pat , Rosanne (Queen usher extraordinaire), and Christa ( Admin for St. Joe Fullerton) were instrumental in addressing the huge number or questions from attendees and supporting Alex with check-in and organization.
- 152 candidates were registered, not all parishes attended
- Seating arrangements had to be revised on the spot to accommodate more guests and family than expected, more candidates than pews – task proved to be a challenge, but we were able to start on time, nonetheless.
- 2 medical emergencies
- Deacon Tim and Alex took notes and briefly discussed alternatives to improve logistics, organization, flow at COMQ for the next celebration. Will Further discuss in the next couple of days and update John.
CATECHETICAL AND PASTORAL:
- Meeting with schools about new teacher orientation August 17th and 18th and about Equip for Ministry for teachers for this coming year
- Working on Retreat for St. Ursula parish June 10th and 11th
- Working with IT for interim solution for registration and tracking for Equip for Ministry
- Prepared statistics for ACRE assessments for schools for past 6 years
- Reaching out to St. Augustine, St. Joseph (Cockeysville), St. John (Frederick), St. Mark and St. Michael (Mt. Airy) about preliminary certification offerings.
- Held mentor training.
- Ready to begin mentor partnering.
- Met with Sadlier rep about intermediate sacramental preparation program, consultant presentations, and discussion of trends in faith formation and the support needed from publishers.
- Contacting speakers for Catechists Recognition Day and Pastoral Staff Day
- Comparative proposal of assessment options prepared
- Ruth and Julie will be at NCCL conference in Jacksonville May 22nd to 26th
Marriage & Family Life
- Conducted a sponsor couple training at St. Paul, EC on 5/14- 6 couples attended
- We are working with Federation of Diocesan Liturgical Commissions, on the New Marriage Rite workshop that will be held at Resurrection, EC. July 20, 2016
- Giving a talk in Western MD on the Joy of Love on May 26
Division of Youth and Young Adult Ministry
- Jr High ministry discussion involved 7 youth ministers and concentrated on their specific programs and cooperative efforts
- New Youth Ministers Orientation meeting went well and is moving forward. We'll be looking to have a group visit the Catholic Center on the Thursday of that week (Aug 25) to see the different offices
- Eagle of the Cross Awards are this week for youth nominated for the award given by their youth ministry leader. The presentation is Wednesday at Borders Hall at 1:00 with the Archbishop
- Plans for the local young adult World Youth Day celebration, Kraków in the Capital are moving forward (wyddc.org). Looking to do some more advertising of the event
Respect Life Office
- Fortnight for Freedom – June 21-July 4: Archbishop will celebrate this in the Archdiocese. Opening Mass at the Basilica on June 21, which will coincide with the visit of relics of St. Thomas More and St. John Fisher, both martyrs for religious freedom. RLO will work with Communications office again to promote/plan as requested. Events/info will be posted:
- That is Andrew Francis Coughlin in the picture, who arrived May 12. More love in the Coughlin home!
- Project Rachel: Dates set for upcoming retreats: Come to the Waters of Healing (1-day retreat) Sat., Sept. 10, Nov. 19, Apr. 8; Rachel’s Vineyard weekend retreat Oct. 14-16, Mar. 17-19.
- Maryland March for Life: Planning for and setting Annapolis 101 sessions on faithful citizenship and the legislative process around the state throughout summer and fall in 8 locations.
- Annapolis 201 to occur again in February in Annapolis. We expect physician-assisted suicide to continue to be on the legislative agenda next session.
- Will attend bill signing at the Governor’s office on Thursday
- Met with Office of Black Catholics on Vocations
- Presented at Youth Meeting at Saint Ambrose on prison ministry