W. H. ADAMSON FEEDER PATTERN
"All Together Adamson--Excellence In Action"
The Week of March 23, 2015
ADAMSON FEEDER PATTERN ACTION PLAN
KUDOS TO YOU!
Gilliam Collegiate Academy hosted a Prom Dress Giveaway on Saturday. Young ladies from all over the city had the opportunity to come get a dress, shoes, and accessories for their upcoming prom. Go Team Gilliam!
Adamson HS had their Winterguards with Division I ratings in Novice Class and Regional. They also finished 2nd in Scholastic AA in the BlueFire Percussion contest. Adamson's soccer teams also made the playoffs! Go Team Adamson!
KUDOS to the personnel responsible for keeping the Attendance for Credit binders in order. Our recent audit found a few areas for adjustments. Overall, however, we are doing a great job helping our students re-gain the credit/grades.
WANT TO BE FEATURED IN THE WEEKLY KUDOS? Forward the great things that are happening in your schools to Ms. Hill via email.
DALLAS ISD JOB FAIR
I want to extend a warm THANK YOU to all of our teams who attended the job fair on Saturday. We represented well and truly worked as a team as evidenced by principals, CICs, counselors, and teachers seeking out and referring candidates to our feeder schools across the board. As a feeder, we recommended 11 teachers for hire at the actual job fair with additional teachers hired through campus interviews. Let's keep up this urgency to fill our vacancies by the end of May.
REACH OUT TO YOUR RECOMMENDED CANDIDATES BY TUESDAY THIS WEEK TO TOUCH BASE WITH THEM AND RECEIVE A PERSONAL TOUCH BY YOU! (I will be doing the same)
Remember the message on your bag of jelly beans..
Look for professionals who FIT THE NEEDS OF YOUR CAMPUS!
Seek and find those who show the passion and grit it takes to be a member of the Adamson Feeder Pattern! Hire Right & Hire Strong!
Adamson Feeder Pattern Meeting
Friday, March 27th, 9am
330 North Marsalis Avenue
A Note From Your Executive Director...
A Team Is A Reflection of Its Leadership
We will begin our official leveling this week. You all have attended your pre-leveling meeting and you have notification of your campus allocations for next school year. When you arrive to your meeting, please ensure that you have the following:
- CURRENT special education and LEP population numbers
- Documentation of students in EXCEED in stage III
- Names of teachers who have accepted positions at other campuses through the open transfer period and teachers who have submitted their S54.
Throughout all of this, it is imperative that you "stay on the court". Spend the bulk of your time in classrooms and provide immediate feedback to teachers with SPECIFIC recommendations for immediate improvement. This is our last full week of instruction before our first round of STAAR/EOC.
Enjoy this encouragement video that Principal Ramirez shared with her team this week. http://youtu.be/l-gQLqv9f4o
Here's to another great week of teaching and learning!
THIS WEEK AT-A-GLANCE
- Campus Visits
Tuesday, March 24, 2015
- Campus Visits
- District Parent STAAR Workshop @ Gill & Reagan ES
Wednesday, March 25, 2015
- Campus Visits
- Division 5 Leadership Meeting 2:00 PM @ Haskell (Hill)
- District Parent STAAR Workshop @ Date & Ervin
Thursday, March 26, 2015
- Adamson Elementary Schools Leveling Meetings Today 8:00-2:00 (See you at your appointment time!)
- Dallas ISD Board Meeting
Friday, March 27, 2015
- Adamson Feeder Pattern Meeting @ Bowie ES 9-12
- Division 5 Secondary CIC Institute
- BAUI Budget Allocations Due today by 4:00 PM
- Open Transfer Period Ends Today
- Last Day to Spend GRANT FUNDS (exceptions are travel and extra duty pay)
- Campus Visits
Saturday, March 28, 2015
- Reagan ES Campus Beautification Project @ 9:00
UPCOMING REMINDERS & DUE DATES AT-A-GLANCE
April 3--Inclement Weather Make-Up Day--WE ARE OPEN! :)
April 6-10--Pre-K Round Up Window
April 6-ESTAR & MSTAR Math Inventory (EOY) Gr. 5-8
April 7- TEI Expert Meeting
April 9-Board Briefing
April 10-Secondary Data Meeting @ Adamson
April 15-31-Circle Pre-K Assessment
April 16-Office Managers’ Training – 8:30 or 1:30
April 17-5th Six Weeks Ends
April 20-24-Administrative Professionals’ Week
April 17-Elementary Data Meetings
ACTION ITEMS FROM THE WAIP
Please see the current WAIP on the school leadership website.
March 5, 2015
NEWS YOU CAN USE!
- Access the spring leveling meeting schedule here: https://drive.google.com/a/dallasisd.org/file/d/0B_sIAPN3cs8vQ3dPOWdMb21JU1E/view?usp=sharing
Please remember to have your former Woodcock Munoz testers register to be certified for the new Online IPT Oral Language Proficiency Assessment that we will use next year. Register at http://tinyurl.com/Q8Y3QJJ
ACP previews are going on now! (March 18-26, April 6-9, and April 11th) Ensure that your teachers REGISTER AND ATTEND!
- The contact phone number for Schoolnet technical support is 1-866-MY-SNHELP and the new contact email is email@example.com.
OUR FAMILY OF FEEDER SCHOOLS
- James Bowie Elementary, Principal Noelle Wilson
- Felix G. Botello Elementary, Principal Reyna Sotelo
- James Hogg Elementary, Principal Jairo Casco
- John F. Peeler, Principal Sofia Villarreal
- John Reagan Elementary, Principal Ruby Ramirez
- Hector P. Garica Middle School, Principal Gary Auld
- Kathryn Joy GilliamCollegiate Academy, Principal Tamara Francis
- W.H. Adamson High School, Principal Jaine Ortega