By Preston Hoover
- The Pilot
- Brian Robeson
- Brian’s parents
- Definition:a person in a story, poem, or play.
- Definition:the time and place of a story or play.
Brian Robeson, a thirteen-year-old boy from New York City, boards an airplane the plane is headed from Hampton, New York to the Canadian north woods to visit his father. His parents' recent divorce weighs heavily on him, as does "The Secret" that his mother is having an affair. The pilot gives him a very brief flying lesson in which Brian has control of the plane for a few minutes. The pilot seems to be experiencing increasing pain in his shoulder, arm, and stomach. At first Brian does not think it is very serious, but as the pilot begins jerking in his seat it becomes clear that he is having a heart attack. The attack stops and the pilot is dead; Brian is forced to take over the controls. After a harrowing descent, the plane crashes into a lake in the Canadian woods, where Brian is stranded.
- Definition: series of related events in a story or drama.
Mood:The mood is high and sometimes somber.
- Definition of tone:attitude the writer takes towns the subject.
- Definition of mood: a story's atmosphere or the felling it evokes.
Point of view
- Definition:vantage point from witch a writer tells a story in bored terms there are three possible points of view omniscient first person and third person limited