The Wright Review
2015 - 2016 Third Grade Weekly News
- Math: We will finish up Unit 9 this week and test Thursday.
- Reading: We are starting a new unit focusing on expository texts. We have talked about these throughout the year, but we are dedicating an entire unit to main ideas and text structures.
- Grammar: Homophones, Homographs, Analogies
- Science: We will begin talking about sound waves and frequency with our sound unit.
ISTEP and IREAD
We are finished with ISTEP Part 1! The kids did amazingly well. They persevered through a challenging test. Thank you for your patience each day and for sending in snacks daily. The kids really enjoyed those :)
Next state test, IREAD, is around the corner. We will practice for the test this Friday morning. This allows the kids to see the structure of the test and how the online system works. We will take our official tests on Monday, March 14th and Tuesday, March 15th. These sessions will be in the morning. Please, ensure your child is here on those days. We have make-up days until the 18th, but after that, your child must take the test during the summer session.
- Beginning, Middle and End sounds in words
- Parts of a word: suffix, prefix
- Context clues
- Antonyms and Synonyms
- Homophones and Homographs
- Reading Comprehension
If you would like to order books for your child through scholastic's website, please click on the link above. Checks can still be sent to the classroom and I will mail the orders.
- March 11: IREAD Practice
- March 14-15: IREAD Tests