Mrs. Lee's Weekly Update
News for the Week of October 10, 2012
Monday, October 29 is a teacher workday and will be used for conferences. I would like to meet with each family to discuss your child's progress for this nine weeks. A sign-up sheet for conferences will be available at Open House next week. If you are unable to attend Open House, I will send home the conference schedule so you can select a time. I look forward to meeting with you!
Open House - Thursday, October 18 - 6:00-7:30pm
We will have a drop-in Open House next Thursday for your child to show you around our class and share some things he/she has been working on. This will be an informal walk-through that will allow you to take a peek into our day. You may also sign up for conferences at this time.
- Reading Workshop/Shared Reading- What connections are important to understanding text? How to relate to the characters in fiction text.
- Writing Workshop- Writing and editing narrative books
- Math Workshop- Finding addition sentences that are equal to one another, discovering that subtraction is the inverse of addition
- Science-What is a scientist? Steps to an investigation, carrying out an investigation.
Mark Your Calendars
- October 15- Last day of MAPS testing
- October 18- Field trip to Children's Theater in Charlotte, NC
- October 18- Open House 6:00-7:30
- October 26, 29- No School