Ferson Creek eNews
October 16, 2020
- Students may wear costumes to school on Friday, October 30th. We will not be changing into costumes, so they will need to wear them the entire day.
- Props representing weapons are not allowed.
- Students should not wear costumes which promote gore, violence, or inappropriate imagery.
- No costume face coverings or masks can be worn. Students will need to adhere to the CDC mask guidelines that have been in place since the first day of school.
We will not hold our typical Halloween parade this year. Our party will also look differently as parent volunteers are not permitted in the school at this time. Classroom teachers will be working with head room parents to determine needs for the party, if there are any. While Halloween celebrations will look differently at school, we know the students will still have a fun day!
Thank you to all of the volunteers for putting together the amazing books, as well as sorting and distributing them!
ComEd Financial Assistance
Do your constituents need assistance with their ComEd bills? Click this link: https://www.comed.com/MyAccount/CustomerSupport/Pages/AssistancePrograms.aspx
Head Room Parents
PTO- Fund the Foxes!
Fund the Foxes, Ferson's main PTO fundraiser, is currently going on. All money goes directly to our students and staff funding the following:
- Field Trips
- Fun Playground Supplies
- Educational Resources for the Classroom
- PTO Events such as Boo Bash and Science Night
- And Much Much More!
Our goal for this year is $7,000, which is what we were able to spend on new fiction & non-fiction books for each classroom last year!
Donations can be made in the following ways:
- Writing a check made out to the Ferson Creek PTO
- Making a Cash Donation
- Donating online via PayPal
- Donating via PushCoin
We also welcome non-profit contributions through corporate matching programs, so please consider asking your employer to support our students and staff too. Our Tax Exemption number for the Ferson Creek Elementary School PTO is E9959-7241-05
Any donation amount is welcome, every little bit helps further enhance the curricular and extracurricular educational experiences of our children.
- Monday, October 19th - MOD Pizza Fundraiser
- Tuesday, November 3rd - Election Day - No school for students
- Monday, November 9th -Remote Planning Day - No school for students
- Friday, November 13th -End of Trimester 1
Interested in finding out details from the school board meeting? View the Across the Board newsletter!