East Elementary: Excellence at Work
Staff Newsletter for 2015-2016, Episode 3
Fall is just around the corner as we continue to work hard to build our masterpieces!
Family Night, Fire Drill, and Police Assembly! Oh my!
Your quick instincts and team work were exemplified this week when our fire alarm went off at the most inopportune time. You worked together to quickly ensure our students were safe and carried off the remainder of duty without a hitch. It was amazing to watch! Even our own personal children know they are family here at East. It was fun to see them quickly organize themselves in a game of Duck, Duck Goose as they all knew we would be here until we knew everyone was safe and taken care of.
I can't begin to speak of our assembly on Friday without it bringing tears to my eyes. Our specials staff did a wonderful job and all of our grade level teams quickly assembled to bless our local officers in a way they have never experienced before. I have received several emails and personal contacts thanking us for our thoughtfulness. That experience was one that our students and our local officers will never forget.
You are a blessing to work with and I am amazed at what we have accomplished and it is only the end of September!
Please take time for yourself and your families over the upcoming weeks. I know things are busy and it is easy to get caught up in the day in and day out demands of our work but your families and your health must be a priority. We love you all and look forward to what October will bring!
Daily 5 At Work!
Bus of Blessings Donation Drive
The is not a competition between classes but we will have a school wide send off party and all staff will be able to wear jeans on Monday, October 19th if we meet our goal. Please encourage your students to participate.
Thank you to our Specials Staff for bringing this idea to our team!
Looking Ahead: October Blueprint
- September 28: Parents may begin eating with students
- September 28 and 29: Literacy Learning: (K/2 - 28th and 1/3 - 29th)
- September 29: Paula Rogers' Retirement Reception
- September 30: Western Day Pictures, Positive Parent Logs due, Faculty Learning (4 pm - 5:30 pm)
- October 2: Western Day Activities
- October 5: Math CBA, Fundraiser Kick-off
- October 6: Reading CBA
- October 9: East Elementary Pep Rally and Spirit Store Opens
- October 12: CBA Data Meetings - Wacky Wednesday Schedule
- October 13: Melissa and Ashley off campus for CPI Training
- October 13: Imagination Fair
- October 15 and 16: RtI Meetings (K-3)
- October 16: Bus of Blessings Send Off
- October 16: End of 1st Nine Weeks
***Please see campus calendar for additional information and details.