Roadrunner Weekly Update
For the week of March 22-26, 2021 Northwood Elementary
3//22 Whole School Assembly 8:40-9:05
3/24 Virtual Re-open House 5:45 pm
3/29-4/5 Spring Break-NO SCHOOL
4/6 Cohort A returns to campus from 8:15-10:56
Wednesday, March 24th, 5:45-7pm
This is an online event.
The Zoom link is below and we look forward to seeing you at our Re-Open House!
Meeting ID: 946 7280 6725
Please click on link above to access flyers about Twin Rivers townhall meetings that will be taking place Thursday, March 25th and Thursday, March 30th
In order to plan our arrival and dismissal process with the utmost safety in mind, please complete the survey as to how your child will arrive at our campus.
Thank you for your support in our planning for Roadrunners to return to campus!
Virtual Pictures for IDs
We need student pictures for their Northwood ID card! The link below will take you our Northwood site to take and upload your child's picture for their Northwood ID card.
Meal Service Changes for On-Campus Instruction
Nutrition Services is excited to welcome back students on Tuesday, April 6. We are working hard on our preparations and had to make some temporary changes to accommodate on-campus meal programming. Nutrition Services' “School Meals 2 Go” curbside program will not be offered Tuesday, April 6. Curbside service will resume at all sites on Wednesday, April 7.
For all Cohort A and B students participating in in-person instruction:
- There will be no on-campus eating of breakfast and lunch.
- Students may take a meal kit home at the end of instruction on their designated cohort days. All meals will continue to be free for students.
- Meal kits contain breakfast, lunch, supper and snack for the day they are on campus.
- For off-campus cohort instruction days - students may pick up meals curbside at their school of attendance, 30 minutes after morning synchronous instruction ends.
For all Cohort C students, and children not yet enrolled in school (up to age 18):
- Cohort C and community meals will be offered at Twin Rivers school sites curbside - Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
- Meal service starts 30 minutes after morning synchronous instruction ends and will be for one hour.
- We ask that families visit one school site only.
Every Wednesday, distance-learning day for all students:
- Curbside meal service will be from 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. at the student’s school of attendance.
- Students will receive a 3 day meal kit on Wednesdays.
- We ask that families visit one school site only, if picking up for multiple children, however, one meal kit per child.
With curbside service, we will continue to encourage families to be proactive in reducing the risk of COVID-19 by continuing to wear a face covering, wash hands often, and stay home if you are sick. Lastly, we ask that families help maintain COVID-19 safety and social distancing measures by not congregating at the school site once you receive meal kits.
Thought Exchange Survey
Please join our conversation! Share your feedback regarding our Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP): https://my.thoughtexchange.com/#623574623/hub
The survey, open until March 31, 2021, is open to staff, teachers, parents/families, students, and the community. We want to hear from everyone!
Special Education Extended School Year (ESY)
77% of our students met their i-Ready minutes goal...our goal is 70%. Our roadrunners are awesome!
PK/TK Eligibility Changes!
- The State of California has recently announced that parents will no longer be able to choose Preschool for their Transitional Kindergarten (TK) eligible children. A child is eligible for TK if they have their fifth birthday between September 2 and December 2 (inclusive) (EC 48000[c]). In the past, parents had a choice of sending their TK eligible child to preschool; however, this will not be the case starting school year 2021-22.
Intradistrict Transfer and Open Enrollment
The Intradistrict Transfer Open Enrollment Window for the 2021-2022 school year is now open until March 12, 2021.
Visit our Registration & Enrollment page to learn more: https://www.twinriversusd.org/enrollment
An Intradistrict Transfer gives permission for students to attend a different school within the district other than their home school based on address. This does not apply to charter schools, and approval will be subject to space availability.
Learn more about the Virtual Enrollment Fair here: http://bit.ly/3nfRLOX