New Market Elementary School
Rocket News 8/03/20
Teacher Assignments- We have updated PowerSchool with the name of your child's teacher for the 2020-2021 school year. Simply log into PowerSchool and you will be able to view this information. You can access your PowerSchool login HERE. You can review our Student Request Policy HERE, this information was also sent out in the spring.
Transportation Questionnaire- If you have not already please fill out the Transportation Questionnaire for each of your children attending New Market. You can access the questionnaire HERE.
A few reminders from the Nurse
- Just a reminder that immunizations must be up to date prior to school starting. Please email the nurse if you have questions regarding your immunization status.
- ISDH is recommending that nebulizer treatments not be given in the school setting and spacers should be used with inhalers. Please contact your physician if you need to obtain one.
- Only necessary medication should be given at school. All medication should be delivered to the nurse (during back to school drop off) along with a medication authorization form. Medication and inhalers must be in the original container with a pharmacy label.
- Medical forms (asthma plans, seizure plans, allergy plans) should be delivered to the nurse during back to school drop off night. Please email the nurse if you need a copy of any forms.
- Please contact the nurse to discuss any medical concerns or with any questions.
- Contact information for the nurse. email@example.com 765-866-0740 ext. 404. (please leave a message for a return call)
Masks- Please ensure that your child has his or her own mask to wear as they arrive and dismiss from school each day. We will provide a mask to each of our students, that will stay at school and will be laundered nightly. Students can wear their own mask throughout the day if they prefer. Students will be allowed to take off their masks when they are safely social distanced.
Back to School Night Information- On August 4th in the morning I will email you the Back to School Night information to your email on file. In the evening from 4:00-6:00 PM on the 4th we will have a Back to School Night drop off drive through. During this drop-off you will be able to drop off student materials, drop off student medication, have copies of documents made (birth certificates etc.), and register any kindergarten or new students for school.
1st Day of School Reminders- We are excited to welcome your children back to New Market! As we work to ensure the safety of our students, families and staff we ask that you do not exit your vehicle and not walk your child into the building. We have caring staff members who will ensure they get to the correct classroom.
Arrival & Dismissal Guideline- You can access our Arrival & Dismissal Guideline HERE.
E-Learning- If your child is participating in Distance/E-Learning please see more information HERE.
Student Handbook- You can access our Student Handbook HERE.
New Market Elementary Re-Entry Plan- We will be starting school August 6, 2020. In order to create a safe learning environment we will follow procedures outlined in our re-entry plan to ensure the health and wellness of our students, staff, and families. This plan will be fluid and change as we proceed with the school year. You can access the re-entry plan HERE. Please note that school will release 30 minutes early for the 1st 12 weeks of instruction. Car riders will dismiss at 2:25 and walkers will dismiss at 2:55 and bus riders will dismiss at 2:45. We will not have a late start Wednesday.
Registration- If you have not fully registered your child you can register them HERE or contact our office. All students must be REGISTERED even if you preregistered in the spring.
New Parent Information Central- Please see the link and graphic below to access our NEW Parent Information Central! You will find links to information such as supply lists, calendars, food service, transportation and more!
Brittany Cooper, Principal
Click title above to access the Parent Information Central