This Is How We Lakeview
October 2021 Edition: Volume 4
Updates from Mrs. Hanagan
We hope to see your student at Teen Night tonight! If they did not buy a ticket during school, they will be available at the door for $10. Remember that this event is for LAKEVIEW STUDENTS ONLY. Please be here a little before 9:30 pm to pick up anyone who is attending Teen Night. If you child is late getting picked up they will not be able to attend the next teen night.
If your student wants to dress up for Halloween this week, we will be dressing up on Thursday, October 28th as this is Trick or Treat Night for Pickerington. Students must follow the student dress code and no face paint or full face mask.
For further guidance on appropriateness ask these questions:
1. Is my costume supposed to be funny? Is the humor based on making fun of real people, human traits or cultures?
2. Does my costume represent a culture that is not my own?
3. Does my costume reduce cultural differences to jokes or stereotypes?
4. Does my costume packaging include the words "traditional," "ethnic," "colonial, " "cultural," "authentic," or "tribal"?
5. Does my costume perpetuate stereotypes, misinformation, or historical and cultural inaccuracies?
6. Would I be embarrassed or ashamed if someone from the group I'm portraying saw me wearing this?
If you have any concerns about your student's costume please feel free to contact the main office, 614-830-2200.
Check out the Pickerington Education Foundation Silent Auction
Lakeview's tree was designed by Mrs. Broz-England's art students, check it out!https://www.charityauctionstoday.com/auctions/pef-2021-27064
The Mobile Dentist is coming November 19th!!!!
Good news! The Ohio Dental Outreach will be at our school on November 19th. A form will go home with your student soon or you can fill it out online at www.MySchoolDentist.com. If you have any questions please email the school nurse (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Pickerington Schools are once again teaming up with the Violet Township Fire Department to help provide some holiday assistance for families in need during this holiday season.
In need of assistance?
Request an online form for holiday assistance by contacting our school counselors at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or call (614)830-2200. The request link will then be provided to you, only one per household please. This form is handled in a confidential manner with more details from your school counselor. Please remember that we will only be able to supplement your holiday. The online form must be completed by Friday, November 20th.
Wanting to help out with Holiday Assistance?
Wanting to donate?
There are several ways to donate this year:
The traditional big red boxes throughout the community and in the schools accepting donations of new toys/gifts.
Gift cards are also appreciated.
Cash donations through Paypal.
Another way of donating this year is through Amazon and Target. If you would prefer to donate in this way, click on the links below. Be sure to ship to Violet Township Fire Department Toy Drive (address will appear as an option).
ALL Donations need to be received by December 10th!
Basketball Cheer Information
Thursday, October 28th from 6:30-7:30 pm Mandatory Parent Meeting at Lakeview Jr. High Commons
November 1 and 3, 2021 from 6:30-8:00 pm Clinics at Lakeview Jr. High in the gymnasium. Both dates are required.
Must have the following information completed prior to November 1, 2021.
Registered on Final Forms (Use this link)
Completed Physical Form (Can be turned in on November 1, 2021)
Visit the Panther Cheerleading Website for tryout material information
Girls Basketball Information
Girls Basketball Try-Outs are October 25-27th from 4:00-6:00 pm (this is a change in time so please be aware). You will need a current physical and must be registered with Final Forms to participate.
Open Gyms for girls are currently taking place on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 5:30-7:00 pm in the Lakeview main gym.
Boys Basketball Pre-Season Information
The Community Corner
- The Lakeview Leadership Team students will have their October meeting next Wednesday. Students will continue their discussions from the September meeting as we hone in on some projects and plans the team can take on moving forward. The hope is that after this meeting, a few of the Leadership Team students will meet with a few members of our PBIS team to begin a student-staff collaboration on some of their ideas.
- Has your student done something awesome or noteworthy? Do you want to celebrate them and their accomplishments? In future Community Corners, we hope to highlight more of our students through the Student Spotlight feature. We have updated the Family Feedback Form to include an area where you can share the details that you want to highlight about your student. Check it out!
Updates from the Family Feedback Form
The Lakeview Family Feedback Form
Click the button if you would like to give the counseling and administrative team feedback.
FYI, there is a change of information on the Lakeview Important Dates flyer. We originally had conferences on October 12th listed as 11:00 am - 7:00 pm, the actual times will be 7:00 am - 7:00 pm.