at the St. Vincent Gristmill on Friday, October 17th
Join us on Friday, October 17th at the St. Vincent Gristmill Wetlands from 10:00 am-12:00 pm
- Cost: $6.00 per student/sibling (We will collect payment at the beginning of the outing-please bring exact cash payment for a smooth collection). Adults can attend at no additional cost.
Important-If you RSVP it is very important to attend as our final count numbers lets their program coordinator know how many staff are needed.
Click the box/link below to RSVP. Please RSVP by October 1st. Thanks! Please email FSC, Amy Markle at email@example.com or call at 724-238-4047 if you have any questions.
WETLAND EXPERIENCE at the St. Vincent Gristmill Wetlands
Friday, Oct. 17th, 10am-12pm
300 Fraser Purchase Rd
- 9:45 am: Sign In and Payment Collection (Cash payment needed)
- 10:00 am-12:00 pm: Students will participate in hands on activities in the wetlands and students will investigate! Led by Winnie Palmer Nature Reserve Staff.
- 12:00 pm: Departures
- Students will investigate the mysterious orange water, dissect a weird wetland plant, inspect creepy crawlers, and at the end they “Iron It Out”
- Students collect macro invertebrates, analyze mine water, and chart data. Field kits and sampling equipment are used to determine what is happening chemically and biologically in the wetland cells as the mine water travels through five wetland ponds during the treatment process.