Tiger Family Newsletter
January 16, 2023
Week Of January 16th
Monday 1/16 - No School, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
Tuesday 1/17 - STEM Club, Coding Club 2nd/3rd grade, Girls Volleyball Game
Wednesday 1/18 - Girls Volleyball, Club Leo
Thursday 1/19- Coding Club 4th/5th grade, Girls Volleyball, Polished Pebbles, Chess Club
Friday 1/20 - Karate, Dance
School Calendar Corrections
- On Monday, February 20th, there will be NO SCHOOL.
- The last day of school is Thursday, June 1st.
An updated calendar will be shared to reflect those corrections.
Important Testing Information, Please Read!
Cada miércoles se realizarán pruebas de Covid, RSV y Flu en la escuela de Lincoln. La prueba se completa con un hisopo bucal y los resultados se devuelven en un día. Las pruebas serán completadas por los laboratorios de S&T. Complete el siguiente formulario para notificarnos sus deseos para su hijo con respecto a las pruebas. Las pruebas también están disponibles los lunes, pero solo para los estudiantes que se sospecha que están enfermos. ¡Gracias!
Parent Information and Resources
January Breakfast Menu
January Lunch Menu
News from the Multilingual Department!
Below, you will find some informational materials about upcoming free professional development workshops in partnership with the Illinois State Board of Education. All of these workshops are free, flexibly-scheduled and virtual for safe, convenient access, and grant the participants free PD credit hours to maintain their necessary licensure.
These workshops cover a variety of topics, from translanguaging to leveraging YouTube for language development moments, from the new Spanish language arts standards to supporting LTELs. With at least one in every 10 Illinois students being English learners, it is more crucial that all educators—not just teachers in the multilingual department—gain resources and strategies to better support Lincoln students.
Quick Pick Me Up!
Early Pickups and Parent Visitors
- If you are picking your child up early or are coming for a meeting, please have your Drivers License or State ID with you. We need to scan the IDs of all adults coming into the building during the day.
- Also, please be sure to tell anyone that is an Emergency Contact to have their ID when picking your child up as well.
- We strongly suggest checking your information in the PowerSchool Parent Portal for accuracy. If you need assistance you can contact our PowerSchool Parent Helpers at pshelp@L156.org
Para leer el boletin en español use el botón Traducir
Arrival and Dismissal
Arrival - Please pull all the way up to the Main Entrance Area before letting your child out of your vehicle. There are staff members posted to ensure that your child arrives to their designated door safely. Do not let your child out in the middle of 157th Street, it is unsafe for your child to cross through cars using the drop off lane. Also, please be mindful of students on 156th Place. The school zone speed limit is 20 MPH.
Dismissal - Please maintain a 20 MPH speed around the building. Also, please watch for students that are still learning traffic safety. The staff parking lot is NOT a designated pick up area, please do not use this space to pick up your child.
- Monday, January 16 - Martin Luther King Jr. Day - No School
- Friday, January 20, End of Second Quarter
- Friday, February 17, Parent Teacher Conferences
- Monday, February 20, No School