September 26, 2016
October 1 - Fall Pictures
October 2 - Fabulous First Friday - snack pack food drive
October 8th - Extended day for Parent Conferences
October 12th - Teacher work day (no school for students) and parent conferences
- All buses are locked out at this time. If parents want a child to ride, they have to check with Chapin Transportation.
In reading, we will continue to use information gained from illustrations and words to demonstrate understanding of its characters, setting (where and when the story took place) and plot. We will practice completing story maps with this information.
In writing, we are beginning to write personal narratives, and will work on writing about a small moment. For instance, instead of writing about a trip to an amusement park, students will narrows the topic and focus on writing about their favorite ride of the day.
This week we will continue working in Chapter 2 of My Math and will discuss repeated addition and how to make arrays. We will also look at how to read and create bar graphs.
I have graded and returned the first addition fact test. If your child passed, please help them study for the 2s which I will test on Thursday. If they did not pass the first addition fact test, please help them continue to study the 0s and 1s. If you would like to download flash cards to help your child practice addition facts, please click here.
The community projects look great! Everyone has done a great job of presenting their projects. We will finish giving presentations this week, and I will return the projects on Friday.
To access the Spelling City app, follow the following steps…
1. Download the app.
2. Once you open the app, click on “more lists” at the bottom of the intro screen.
3. Search by zip code: 29036.
4. Click on Lake Murray Elementary School.
5. Click on the “Second Grade” in the list.
6. Scroll down to the bottom to find the most current list we are studying for the week.