Dorothy Nolan Weekly Update
October 16th, 2015
From The School
- The Rider Loop drop off begins at 9:10 a.m. Please do not drop your students off any earlier. There is no supervision for the students prior to this time.
- A huge THANK YOU to Greenfield Fire District for coming to DN today! The students enjoyed learning about fire safety and even got to see a smoke house!
HSA-Next meeting is Monday, October 26th at 7pm.
Fall Catalog Fundraiser: Deadline for the Genevieve's catalog sale has been moved to Monday, Oct. 19th. Delivery will be before Thanksgiving. Thank you for your support!
Celebrate Our Boys Dance: We are in need of volunteers to help with set up and support during our event on Nov. 20th. If you do not have a boy at DN, please consider helping out at this event so that parents with boys can spend a special night with their sons. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to help.
Room Parents: Thank you to everyone who volunteered to be a room parent. Please look for information from your room parents regarding class directories, Harvest parties, and updates throughout the year.
Golf Committee: Plans are in the works for an October 2016 DN Golf Tournament. Please contact email@example.com if you'd like to help plan this event. We need lots of hands and no golf experience is necessary.
Yearbook: What should you do with all of the fun pictures you took at the awesome Cheetah Carnival last week? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can include them in our yearbook.
5th Grade Moving Up DVD
We would like to carry on the tradition of creating a movie featuring photographs of our fifth grade students to share at the Moving Up Ceremony in June. The Dorothy Nolan Media Club will again be taking on this task this year. However, we can't do this without your help!
We are asking that you send photos from Kindergarten through Fourth grade by Friday, October 30th. We will collect photos from Fifth grade until Friday, April 22nd.
- Please only send photos of Dorothy Nolan Events. (Concerts, TOPS, Holiday Parties, Centers, Field Day, Field Trips, etc.)
- Label EACH photograph with ALL student names and the grade in which they were taken.
- Send disks or flash drives in a Ziploc bag or envelope labeled "Moving Up Ceremony" (Include your child's name and teacher so we can return them to you.)
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Mrs. Diamond or Mrs. Clark.
SNACPack Food Drive
The SNACPack program is designed to meet the needs of hungry children on weekends, when other resources are not available. The program provides backpacks filled with food that is child-friendly, shelf-stable, and easily-consumed. Bags are packed each week by volunteers and discreetly distributed to participating children every Friday afternoon.
The SNACPack program will be collecting goods at Dorothy Nolan. They are looking for 4 items which include:
- Protein Bars
- Mac & Cheese, Water Only type (Ex. Easy Mac, Velveeta)
- 100% Juice Boxes
- Pasta (any type)
Donations can be dropped off in the front lobby. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
The United States Air Force Concert Band and Singing Sergeants
On Wednesday, October 21st there will be a free concert performed by The United States Air Force Concert Band and Singing Sergeants at 7:00 p.m. The concert will take place at the Saratoga Springs High School in the Lowenberg Auditorium.
Free-Tickets are required and can be picked up at Stewart's Shops located at 8 Circular Street, 521 Broadway and 86 West Avenue.
There will be a limit of 4 tickets per request. All unclaimed seats will be released to non-ticket holders 15 minutes prior to the performance.
- 10/19- Elementary Parent/Teacher Conference-Early Dismissal/Half Day
- 10/26-HSA Meeting @ 7pm
- 10/28- Elementary Parent/Teacher Conference-Early Dismissal/Half Day
- 10/29-Gr. 5 Band Demo @ 5pm
- 11/2-Gr 4 Orchestra Demo @ 6pm
- 11/5-Elementary Parent/Teacher Conference-Early Dismissal/Half Day
- 11/6-Go Home Early Drill, Dismiss 15 Minutes Early
- 11/11-Veterans Day-School Recess
- 11/13-Picture Retakes