T. Berry Brazelton
By: Noah Bergmann
- Born and raised in Waco, Texas
- Dr. Brazelton graduated in 1943 from Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons in New York City
- Brazelton trained in both pediatrics and child psychiatry and combined those interests to launch a hugely successful career
(2) the development of attachment between parent and infant over the first four months
(3) cross-cultural studies of infant behavior and early parenting practices
(4) the importance of early intervention to at-risk infants and their parents
What he Achieved
- broke new ground in explaining to parents the nature of their babies and young children.
- he was appointed to the National Commission on Children by the U.S. Congress, where he advocated with vigor for disadvantaged children.
- President Obama awarded Brazelton a Presidential Citizens Medal, given for exemplary service to fellow citizens.
"T. Berry Brazelton, M.D., The Brazelton Institute - Children's Hospital Boston." T. Berry Brazelton, M.D., The Brazelton Institute - Children's Hospital Boston. N.p., n.d. Web. 06 Apr. 2016
Hellmich, Nanci. "At 95, Brazelton Shares 'A Life Caring for Children'" USA Today. Gannett, 01 May 2013. Web. 06 Apr. 2016.