- Looking at "Text and Graphic Features" that give the reader more information and help in our comprehension of the material
- Common final consonant blends found at the end of each word
- Identifying the 2 parts of a sentence-the naming part (noun) and the telling part (verb)
- Showing 3-digit numbers in different ways using 10's and 1's
- Compare 3-digit numbers
- Odd and Even Sums (odd + odd=even; even + even=even; odd + even=odd)
- Different ways we use water
- Natural and nonnatural sources of water
We had a wonderful trip to TAMU today! The children really enjoyed the musical of "Henry and Mudge." Be sure and ask them about their trip.
- Healthy Heart Jog-please remember to wear your safe and fast running shoes!
- 2nd grade will have their first Awards Assembly at 9:30. We will recognize perfect attendance for the 1st six weeks and the winners of the "VIP" Award. Three students in our class will be given this award on Friday for their good effort, good behavior and attitude, and academic achievement. We have so many students who fall into this category making my job very difficult this time every six weeks. Every student has the opportunity to be a recipient. We have a classroom full of VIP's!!! Keep up the good work, 2nd Graders!
Columbus Day/Student Holiday
Monday, Oct. 14th, 8pm
Pebble Creek Elementary School, College Station, TX
College Station, TX
No school for students. Teachers will be meeting with parents for conferences.