Transition Plus May 29
If you listen closely you can hear the school year ending
Trouble Viewing your MMM?
Summer Work - CBI Modules- Licensed Staff
We are trying to plan for several projects this summer and want to know if we will have additional funds for this work.
Upstream Arts Summer Opportunities
Upstream Arts has an opportunity to participate in an program at Artistry in Bloomington during the summer months. Artistry has been a wonderful partner in hosting programs. The classes will be Monday evenings, starting June 11th, and are open to individuals with disabilities 16 years of age and older.
You can find out more about the program here: https://www.upstreamarts.org/2018/05/22/open-enrollment-for-summer-programs-at-artistry/
On June 11th Upstream Arts is also facilitating The Art of Voice and Choice, a community training on Person Centered Planning and Informed Choice for service providers, family, and people with disabilities. More info can be found at the link above as well.
See the attached flyers for more info!
Mental Health Team Tip of the Week
May is Mental Health Awareness Month!
We're closing in on the end of the year, which brings a mixture of excitement, anticipation, deadlines, adjustment.... in a word: STRESS!
The following article does a good job at breaking down the various causes of stress, how and why it impacts people differently, and how to help alleviate it.
Consider whether you want to explore this topic with your students, as many of them are experiencing the stress of this time of year, as well.
Youth Job Fair
On Thursday, May 31st Emerge will be having another Youth job fair; this one will be at the North Minneapolis location. The fair will be from 3:30pm to 5:30pm, and there will be refreshments.
Although this is a Youth Job Fair, all are welcomed. If you know anyone that is interested in part time work, weekends, evening jobs, please invite them to come.
See the attached flyer for more details.
ESP End of the year.
Please see Traci to schedule an end of the year check in/out with Jason. Each session will take 20-30 minutes. There will be some time available on 6/12 if you are not able to schedule before then.
Make sure you have completed your portion in ecompass.
We will review your goals and how the year was for you.
GRADUATION EXIT PROCEDURE---------- 5/3/18
Please read and be familiar with the “Exit, Graduation and Follow Up Procedures”, in the Due Process Manuel.
When a student will be graduating and exiting from Transition Plus, the following steps must be completed:
1. SUMMARY OF PERFORMANCE (formerly called Exit Summary): This is in Ed Plan under Documents on the left hand side. The first section addresses the progress the student has made on their goals, accommodations and assistive technology that helpful etc. The second section is a student advocacy statement with the intent of being completed with the student in the student’s voice. Community agencies the student is working with should also be included. All students need a summary of performance.
Note (taken from Due Process Manuel): Before a special education student graduates or ages out of special education, the school district is legally required to provide a summary of the student's academic achievement and functional performance, including recommendations on how to assist the student in meeting his/her future goals.
This document can be completed ahead of time (at an IEP meeting, when meeting with student)
2. NOTICE OF DISCONTINUATION OF ALL SPECIAL EDUCATION SERVICES- this is the Notice of Proposed Action or Denial on EdPlan with the third option checked. A copy is given to the student/guardian.
A PWN needs to be completed on every student who taking their diploma before May of the year that they age out of service.
3. DIPLOMA REQUEST FORM- complete all sections and turn in to the social worker for the student’s team. Please indicate which high school the diploma should be issued from. Diplomas can come from the student’s previous high school, home school, Transition Plus or a generic Minneapolis Public School.
See your social worker if you have any questions.
Time and Effort Reporting
As the end of the years draws near, please ensure all
Time & Effort reports are completed before you leave for the summer.
Also, all Periodic reports (bi-yearly) will be posted towards the end of June and will need to be completed as well.
Another reminder will be sent the 2nd or 3rd week in June for the Periodic deadline.
Tplus's BIGGEST Garage Sale!
Starting Tuesday May 29 we will begin collecting items for an ENORMOUS garage sale of giveaway items. Here is the scoop:
- Collection will begin May 29 and all items will be brought to the MAC computer lab on the mezzanine.
- Items can be picked up by students during 6th hour, call or email Patricia to request a pick up.
- Bring items to the MAC computer lab yourself before or after school, find Patricia if you need to get in there.
- Items will be available for staff to take for USE AT TPLUS between Monday June 4 and Friday June 8. The MAC lab will be open for shopping before and after school and other times at request.
- Items will be available for staff to take TO DONATE ELSEWHERE beginning Monday June 11.
- Small items only, NO FURNITURE
- If you have things you want to give to students, please do that individually. The garage sale will not be available to students.
Upcoming at T- Plus
Monday -------- Memorial Day
Tuesday -------- Team 2 Data Mtg
--------------------- Longfellow Learning Walk SEL (9:30 AM)
--------------------- Interview and Select Round 2 5-8 pm
Wednesday --- Team 3 Data Meeting
Thursday------- Team 1 Data Meeting
--------------------- Work Coordinator Interviews
Friday ----------- SEL Meeting
--------------------- Lyle's celebration- Pimento Jamaican Kitchen
June 6------------ Project Search Graduation
June 7 ----------- Graduation with reception at T Plus following
--------------------- Convention Center 11am
June 8 ----------- Barbecue/ Field Day
June 11& 12--- PD days
June 13 --------- Record Keeping Day