3rd Grade Music Notes
First Quarter 2018
Our First Quarter Learning Goals
- I will be able to follow the rules of music while singing, moving, and playing instruments.
- I will be able to sing and create songs using solfege (do, re, mi, so, la)
- I will be able to draw (and count) a whole note.
- I will be able to perform an ostinato (repeated pattern)
- I will be able to read music.
- I will be able to create movement to match the music
Songs We Have Learned
- Hello, There
- Up The Ladder, Down the Ladder
- Fuzzy Wuzzy
- Cobbler, Cobbler
- Down to the Baker's Shop
- La Raspa (Mexican Folk Dance)
- Old Joe Clark
Our 3rd Grade Concert is March 5th at 6pm
Dates to Remember
- December 6: JM 2nd Grade Nutcracker 6pm, grandparents Day 2pm
- January 29th: JM 1st grade Informance 2pm (1Jo/1Ev/1Pe)
- January 31st: JM 1st grade Informance 2pm (1Ti/1Mo/1La)
- February 22: JM 4th Grade Drama Club presents Annie! 6pm
- March 5th: JM 3rd Grade Concert, 6pm
- April 9th: JM 5th Grade Concert (5Ba/5Me/5Pr) 6pm
- April 11th: JM 5th Grade Concert (5Sm/5Ta/5Pa) 6pm
- May 13-17 Talent Day in Music Class (during their regular music class period)
Who Is Mr. Everybody?
Mr. Everybody's Musical Apartment is a silly story that we use to help us learn how to name the notes on the music staff (those five lines and four spaces). We use the initials of the characters to learn the names on the notes. We had our first test (review) over Book 1 (CDEF). We will review Book 2, and eventually learn new notes in Book 3 by the spring semester. The week before a test, students will get their own set of flashcards to take home and study as homework. Students also have note naming games and a copy of the book posted as homework in their Music Google Classroom.
You can learn more about Mr. Everybody's Musical Apartment by visiting the JM Music Website: http://hobart.schoolwires.com/Page/3190