Smith Class Newsletter
Tuesday, October 13, 2015
Thank you for making sure that your children were prepared and ready for the field trip. We had a fabulous day with great weather and a great experience! Please ask your child to share some of the new things they learned about the Lenape people of the Eastern Woodlands.
This Week's Skills
Everyday Math Program - Unit 2: Number Stories and Arrays
- Extended facts
- Number stories using diagrams
- Multi-step number stories
Fact Practice: Review of 2x, 5x, and 10x
- Comprehension Skill: Compare and Contrast
- Vocabulary Skill: Multiple Meaning Words
- Grammar Skill: Imperative and Exclamatory sentences
- Phonics / Spelling Skill: vowel digraphs ee, ea; ai, ay; oa, ow
- Reading good habit: Using background knowledge
New Family TImes will come home on Thursday (due October 22nd)
How did the groups of people interact with each other in the Eastern Woodlands?
- Wampanoag native americans
- English settlers (Pilgrims)
- The First Thanksgiving
Social Studies test on Friday (10/16). Study packet went home today with information to use to help students prepare.
- Picture Day is Thursday, October 15th
- Please return VIP folders with signed tests still inside the folder.
- Harlem Wizards Game is Sunday, October 18th
- Fall Festival parade at 2:00pm on Friday, October 30th