RA Long High School HYBRID Update
February 20, 2021
March 1st Here We Come !
RA Long Students and Families,
The time has come for us to dust off those backpacks and prepare to come back into the halls of RA Long HS. March 12th seems forever ago when we left, and now with this opportunity to be back, we want to make the most of it. All of us working together, following the expectations for classroom and safety protocols will make this a great experience to finish out 2021.
You should be commended for the resilience you have shown over the course of this last year. You, your families, teachers, and support staff have done a remarkable job in making the best out of what we hope is just a once in a lifetime event that we continue to work out of.
I have said in previous messages, to not focus on what you think you didn’t learn, but all that you have learned in this last year. Now, coming back into the building we can begin building on what we once knew as normal. Hybrid won’t be perfect, there will be things that may need tweaked along the way, and we will address them as they present themselves. But in order for us to be the most successful we can be, we all need to be on the same page. With that said, priority focus will be making sure of the safety of everyone on our campus. This requires ALL of us to follow the safety guidelines each and every day, with no exception.
We have all done hard things. And we as a school, can continue to tackle them one by one.
So looking forward to seeing you on campus very soon.
R Reeves, Principal
RA Long High School
Important Calendar Note: Student Led Conferences scheduled for March 4th and 5th have been CANCELED. These two days were supposed to be ½ days. They will now be FULL days following our hybrid schedule.
The heading below this letter is a VERY important LINK. Within that link a SLIDE PRESENTATION of All Things Hybrid at RA Long. I hope and your family will please take some time to review it all in preparation for return to school.
Mask must be worn at all time over NOSE and MOUTH unless students are in a designated area where mask breaks occur. Students who are continuously in violation of this expectation will be designated as a remote learner and will not be allowed on campus. We have plenty of masks available if you happen to forget one.
Wellness Check EVERY DAY BEFORE School
Please do your Daily Wellness Screening on Skyward PRIOR to coming to school. This will help speed up the process getting you into the building on into your classroom. Your will need your CHARGED Chromebook daily to scan in with your barcode or with you student ID card.
Social Distancing Police
No one wants to be the social distancing police. Each of us know what 6 ft. distancing looks like. We ask that you do not congregate and keep moving following the arrowed traffic patterns.
1. Students will stay with their current teachers and schedules.
2. Students will be put in two groups by last name: A-K = Group A & L-Z Group B
3. Students will attend school (in person) for a 6 period day twice a week (7:55am-2:25pm)
Group A = Mondays and Thursdays
Group B= Tuesdays and Fridays
4. You will attend periods 1-6 on "in person" days. This is our "normal" schedule as if we were all on site.
5. On non "in-person" days or "at home days", you will be doing "@ home" work/instruction. Some teachers will ask you to complete an "at home" lesson and some will ask you to join a zoom. Due to the range of courses we teach we are allowing teachers to decide which best fits their instruction, an "@ home lesson" or Zoom in on the "@ home" days.
6. Remote Learning students are required to attend Wednesdays to meet with their teachers.
7. Wednesday is reserved for Full Remote students to check in with their teacher and for teachers to support students who need additional help. Teachers can ask a student to attend Wednesday for a variety of reasons if they are not a Remote learner. I know this creates some question as to what Wednesday would like like for students and I understand this. Teachers will be clear with students if they are needed on Wednesdays if they are not a full Remote learner.
BEFORE YOU COME TO SCHOOL: Morning Attestation Ritual
HYBRID Bell Schedule whether you are in-person, at home, or remote learning.
What lunch do I have? Lunches are assigned by your 4th period teacher
Dress Code will be Enforced
Gearing up for Hybrid
Mr. Reeves INSTAGRAM principal_reeves
Mr. McCabe Athletics/Activities INSTAGRAM AD_RALong
Tag photos w/ #RALPride