Weslaco East Online Strong!!!
#bethewildcat #marvelatthepossibilities #ESSS
Our first day of online instruction will be:
August 31, 2020
2020 - 2021 School Calendar
What will the school week look like?
- Monday and Tuesday Synchronous;
- Tuesday and Wednesday Asynchronous;
- Friday will be teacher choice;
What is Synchronous Learning?
- Virtual Face to Face instruction;
- Students attend school at designated times and follow their 4 period a day schedule;
- All students present at the same time;
What will the schedule look like during SYNCHRONOUS learning?
What is Asynchronous Learning?
- Student MUST logon to Google Classroom EVERYDAY to complete assignment(s);
- Contact with teacher must be done daily;
- Student has until 11:59 pm to complete daily assignment(s);
- Teachers will be available for 30 minutes per period to answer questions or assist in projects, labs, experiments etc.;
- Teachers may require students to attend synchronously during asynchronous days;
- Teachers MAY schedule synchronous lessons during asynchronous days
What will the schedule look like during ASYNCHRONOUS learning?
Do I have to attend school everyday?
How do I login to Google Classroom if I forgot my password?
What if I need help after class is over?
Does the Covid Incomplete still apply to 2020-2021?
WISD Grading Policy
What are my expectations as a student?
Contact campus if experiencing technology issues;
LOGIN TO GOOGLE CLASSROOM DAILY;
Request Chromebook and/or Hot Spot to ensure connectivity;
Students will login daily either synchronously or asynchronously;
Expectations for synchronous learning:
For synchronous learning activities, students' regular schedule will be followed for the class to come together and conduct instruction/lecture and work in pairs, small groups, and/or all together.
During asynchronous learning, students will be able to progress at their own pace through the content. Teachers will contact students as needed to ensure progress is being documented and to be used as a resource for learning.
During virtual learning and after 4:00 pm, contact may be made with the teacher however, response may happen the following day;
Complete assignments and communicate with teachers as needed