Wednesday, February 3, 2016
El Nino and La Nina
- identify the effects of El Niño on people and the environment
- explain the El Niño and La Niña phenomena
- map the patterns of El Niño and La Niña on a world map
- describe the benefits of accurately predicting the next El Niño or La Niña
- define El Nino and La Nina
- draw patterns of El Nino and La Nina on world map
irregular, recurring weather system that features a warm, eastern-flowing ocean current in the eastern Pacific Ocean.
weather system that includes cool ocean temperatures in the eastern Pacific Ocean
Why care about El Nino and La Nina?
A natural disaster, event occurring naturally that has large-scale effects on the environment and people, such as a volcano, earthquake, or hurricane, occur in patterns according to ocean temperatures.
El Nino is Predictable
Winter 2016 and El Nino Update - NWS San Diego