WHS Principal Post December 2017
Monthly Principal Newsletter
Dear WHS Families,
December Dates to Note:
- 12/5, Tuesday- WHS PTA Meeting, LRC, 7pm.
- 12/6, Wednesday, Early Release Day, Students dismissed at 1:15 p.m.
- 12/6, Wednesday, WHS Grade 3-5 Musical at GWMS, Doors open at 6:40 p.m.
- 12/8, Friday, WHS PTA Movie Night, 6:15- 8:15 p.m
- 12/11, Monday, WHS Grade K-2 Musical at GWMS, Doors open at 6:40 p.m.
- 12/20, Holiday Hat/ Ugly Sweater Day (Student Council Spirit Day)
- 12/20, Wednesday, D44 Elementary Grade 4 and 5 Band and Orchestra Concert, 7pm at GEHS
- 12/21, WHS PTA Classroom Winter Parties
- 12/22, Friday, No School, Winter Break Begins
WHS Winter Musicals Information:
Our Musical performances are nearly here!
- Wednesday, December 6th, Grades 3-5, 7pm at GWMS
- Monday, December 11th, Grades K-2, 7pm at GWMS
For the first time, we will be having our performances at Glenn Westlake Middle School. (GWMS is located behind Manor Hill School, on Main St. south of Roosevelt Rd. This should allow us more space to safely enjoy the show. Listed below are some important details regarding our musicals:
Students are asked to wear dress clothes for their performance
All families will enter GWMS at the Main Entrance, Door #1.
Doors will open at 6:40 p.m.
One adult will be asked to drop off your child, and then pick them up after the show at their assigned classroom.
Classroom teachers will supervise students during the time the students are not on stage.
Classroom assignments are as follows:
STILL TIME TO DONATE TOYS!
Donations will be accepted through the MORNING of Thursday 12/7!
D44 Science Fair
Winter Weather Considerations
Winter Weather Procedures
- Students will be outside for arrival and recess UNLESS the temperature (including the windchill) is below 10 degrees.
- Once the snow falls, students must have both snowpants and boots to play in the snow
- In the event of school closing, you will be notified via an automated phone call, email, and it will be posted on the D44 and WHS websites.
Save the date:
Traveling through the Humanities @ GWMS
February 15, 2018
6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
All District 44 5th grade students and their parents are invited to observe the Humanities classes in action. You will have the opportunity to travel through the GWMS facility at your own pace to familiarize yourself with the layout for your future middle school experience! Current GWMS students will be demonstrating while Humanities teachers share information about their classes (Technology STEM, Photography, Industrial Tech STEAM, World Cultures, Spanish, French, Art, Consumer Science, Culinary Arts, Band, Orchestra). We hope this opportunity will be beneficial regarding the transition from elementary to middle school. Please join us for this exciting experience!