November 23, 2020
Thanksgiving Holiday & Meal Distribution Reminder
CPS Plan to Return to In-Person Learning
Here are a few of the important points:
- PreK students are scheduled to return on January 11, 2021 to attend classes five (5) days a week.
- K-8 Students are scheduled to return on February 1, 2021 with the hybrid model.
- Families will have the option of continuing remote learning if they do not wish to send students back in-person.
GoCPS Application Process Closes 12/11/20
IMPORTANT info for families who live outside of Boone's attendance area or who may move outside of Boone's attendance area before next school year, and for current 8th graders looking to apply to specialty programs:
The Go CPS Application Period for the 2021-2022 school year is now open and will close on December 11, 2020. During this period, families can submit an application, select and rank programs and schools, and schedule any required admissions screenings, if applicable (i.e., admissions exams, auditions, information sessions, and interviews). Click here to access the GoCPS website.
- Students who do not live within Boone's attendance area must apply through the Go CPS Process, this includes siblings.
- Current PK students who do not live within Boone's attendance area but would like to enroll for Kindergarten for 2020-2021 must apply through the Go CPS Process.
- 8th graders who are interested in applying to specialty programs must apply through the Go CPS Process.
Financial Assistance Programs for Chicago Utilities
"Around the World Wednesdays" with 1st Grade
On Wednesdays, we will learn about countries around the world. We will say good morning to each other in the language that is spoken in that country. Think about ways that the people of that country are similar or different to you. What else would you like to learn about these places and their culture?
Here is a link to a recent learning of some of our 1st graders who engaged in a Nearpod lesson to learn more about Diwali.
Click the button above to be re-directed to a bulletin board with resources shared by community members.
Is there someone at Boone who you would like to recognize for their hard work, kindness, or other awesome quality? Please click here on the Boone Community Shout-Out form to take a moment to acknowledge that person. Your message may appear in the next post!
- Nov 25,26,27 - NO SCHOOL, Thanksgiving Holiday
- Dec 15 - LSC Meeting, 4:00PM
- Dec 15 - Parent Meeting - Social Justice Standards with Dr. Carole Collins Ayanlaja, 4:30PM
- Dec 19-Jan 3 - NO SCHOOL, Winter Break
REPEAT REMINDERS BELOW
Equity and Social Justice at Boone
Please mark your calendars for the following dates: December 15, January 19, February 16. All sessions are 4:30-5:30PM. Link invitations will be posted here closer to the date of each session.
Upcoming Workshops from BAC (Bilingual Advisory Committee)
Presented by Psychologist Ferney Ramirez, these workshops are based on the theories of Multiple Intelligences and the development of children 's competencies. It shows the person as a Well Rounded Being that grows as one develops the capacity of leadership and skills to construct his/her own Personal Success. The dynamics are that of participation and reflection. The sessions become an opportunity to express feelings, to re design and to better our personal and family life. We utilize games, practical activities, audiovisuals, drama and role play. Mark your calendars! Contact Amalfi Duran at email@example.com for more information.
Additional workshops coming Dec. 2nd 2020, Jan 20th 2021, Feb 20th 2021, all dates at 1:00-3:00PM:
You do not need others to approve anything! How to empower your children so that others criticism and social rejection.
January 20th, 2021:
Little Big Writers: Workshop to increment the love for reading and writing in our children.
February 20th., 2021:
A Workshop about literature. How to develop the imagination, creativity and development of the intellect in the children.
Parent Portal gives parents the ability to view students' grades in real time. If you are setting up your Parent Portal account for the first time, please visit the First Time Parent Portal Set-Up link. This is a one-time step and not necessary after every school year. Once you receive your email from Aspen to help set up your username and password, you can access Parent Portal at Aspen Parent Portal.
If you already have a Parent Portal account, but are running into technical issues (forgot password, locked out, etc), please email Boone's tech coordinator Patrick Chi (firstname.lastname@example.org) so he can reset your account. Once your account is reset, you should receive an email from Aspen with further instructions. Additional information provided by the district can be found at this link.
How to Contact Office Staff or Administration
While Door 1 is under construction and temporarily unavailable, and there are limited staff at Boone due to COVID-19 closure, here are the ways you can contact office and/or administrative staff:
- Leave a message with Security Officer Mr. Valencia outside at Door 2 near the food distribution, 8am-1pm daily Monday-Friday
- Call main office and/or leave a phone message at 773-534-2160, option #0 (voicemail is checked daily)
- Email one of our clerks: Claudia Ortiz - email@example.com (English & Spanish), Shamiram Shahbaz - firstname.lastname@example.org (English, Arabic, Assyrian)
Daniel Boone Elementary School
Boone Vision: Kindness, creativity, and an understanding of diverse perspectives will guide us as we intentionally engage in learning opportunities and take action to bring about positive change in our world.
Boone Mission: We actively seek to learn more about ourselves, others, and the world through the arts and through learning opportunities that respond to our identities and promote positive relationships. We rise up to advocate for ourselves and others so that everyone is valued and empowered.