Who knew what poor typing posture could do? By: Sejal Rai
What is Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
Carpal tunnel syndrome occurs when the median nerve, which runs from the forearm into the palm of the hand, becomes pressed or squeezed at the wrist. This happens when you type incorrectly.
What are the symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome?
Symptoms usually start gradually, with frequent burning, tingling, or itching numbness in the palm of the hand and the fingers, especially the thumb and the index and middle fingers.
What are the causes of carpal tunnel syndrome?
- Too much pressure on median nerve.
Prevent It !
One way to prevent Carpal Tunnel is to type correctly.
- Sit up straight
- Feet flat on the floor
- Body centered in front of the computer
- Keyboard centered in front of you
- Be sure the keyboard is centered using the G/H keys
- Elbows naturally by side
- Fingers curved
- Wrists low, but not touching the keyboard/desk
- Keyboard not to close, not too far