Rockbrook Library Media Center
Watch videos and play games at NetSmartzKids.org to learn how to be safe outside of school and safe online!
What is Digital Citizenship? (YouTube)
What are the nine elements of Digital Citizenship?
Check out Common Sense Media to learn more about how to help students think critically, behave safely, and participate responsibly in our digital world:
Common Sense Media
Family Tip Sheets:
Family Media Agreement:
Discuss and sign this media agreement together to think first, stay safe, and stay balanced.
LISD Acceptable Use Policy
RESOURCES WE LOVE!
Research (Here is a selection of web resources designed for educational use. LISD does not control and/or manage the content on these sites. )
Looking for a one-stop shop for all your researching needs? Bookmarks for Research provides a wide variety of subscription databases available at home, school, and anywhere you have internet access. Happy searching!
NEED A PICTURE?
Search Engines for Kids:
· LISD 1:X Digital Citizenship http://1tox.lisd.net/digital-citizenship/
· Net Cetera Chatting with kids about being online.
· Safe Kids Vast collection of articles and links on topics from social networks to blogs to video games. (all ages)
LISD 1:X Initiative for 4th and 5th iPads
Resources & Handbook
- 1:X Handbook - also in Spanish and Chin.
- 1:X Agreement - also in Spanish and Chin.
- Skyward Login for iPad payments
- The 1:X Parent's Guide Outline for iOS 8 Users and iOS 7 Users
- Includes information on how to setup restrictions (Parent, App-based, Content, Privacy and Location)
- Also includes information on "Backing up the iPad"
Elementary LISD App Store
Lewisville ISD remains committed to providing digital access for learning. After many discussions with LISD parents, teachers, administrators and Technology Department, the district is set to launch an LISD App Store for elementary students during the first semester of the 2015-2016 school year. In addition, LISD has developed new iPad guidelines for secondary students.
By introducing the elementary LISD App Store, the district is able to focus educational opportunities for students by streamlining all apps that are downloaded to district-issued elementary student iPads through one portal.
- Only the LISD App Store will be available on the elementary student iPad.
- Only approved, specific apps can be installed on student iPads to prevent any unwanted apps (all apps reviewed for instructional value and appropriateness).
- Any student/parent purchased apps will no longer be available on LISD elementary iPads.
For a current list of apps in the Elementary LISD App Store, please see link
For the online form to submit an app to be considered for adding to the LISD Elementary App Store:
- LISD Parents, please use this link.
Follett Shelf E-book Library
Did you know you can check out FREE library e-books on your iPAD? There's an APP for that!
Just download the Follett BryteWave K-12 APP and enter your school user ID and password as well as our school address https://wbb23686.follettshelf.com. The app should only ask for the bolded part, wbb23686, but the entire address will get you to the Follett Shelf on your computer too!
Click on the picture to the right for instructions or click here for more details on how the App works!
ROCKBROOK FOLLETT SHELF (Get e-books here!)
FOLLETT BryteWave K-12 App for reading your e-books
About Ms. Bryce
I am thrilled to be your Library Media Specialist this year! I look forward to working with your students and supporting them as they grow academically.
The most important thing about me is…
I’m a NEW MOM! Norah Marie was born on August 3, 2016. I absolutely love being a mom so far and I’m excited for the many adventures to come!
More about me:
- I taught for nine years before becoming a librarian (K, 1st, and 4th)
- I graduated from Texas State University in 2004 and spend a semester abroad teaching in London, England in a private school.
- I received my Master's Degree from the University of North Texas in 2013 in Library and Information Sciences.
- I was born in Costa Rica so I have duel citizenship.
- I grew up in San Antonio and moved to the Dallas area in 2009 to pursue my Master's Degree. I loved North Texas so much, I never went back home!
- I have a love for children and learning which keeps me motivated to continue teaching and working with students.
- I like to read, write, run, Crossfit, paint, and play with my dog, Dean.
- My favorite hobby is traveling, and I've been to 19 countries so far!
- I am the oldest of five children, and all my family still lives in San Antonio.
This is my 4th year as a librarian.
Please let me know if there is anything I can do to support your child this year, and feel free to contact me anytime
Emily Bryce, MLIS
Library Media Specialist
Rockbrook Elementary, LISD
(469) 713-5968 x2262