August 20, 2017
Upcoming This Week:
- Solar Eclipse
- 1st day of early morning football for 7th & 8th boys - 7:00 a.m. (dressed and on field) at BJH
- 1st day of early morning volleyball for 7th & 8th girls - 6:15 a.m. at BJH
- 1st day of boys 7th & 8th cross-country (CC) practice - 3:45 p.m. BJH Gym
- 1st day of girls 7th & 8th cross-country(CC) practice- after school until 4:30 at BJH
- High School Band practice 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday, August 22nd
- Lady Eagles Volleyball vs. Krum at home 9th, JV, V - 4:30, 4:30, 5:30
Thursday, August 24th
- F, JV & V Football Scrimmage vs. Mineral Wells at Home
Friday, August 25th
- HS CC meet - Cowtown Challenge in Haltom City -9:00 a.m.
Solar Eclipse Information
We definitely recognize the safety concerns regarding the eclipse on Monday. Although it is an amazing opportunity as educators to use this natural event as a learning platform, due to the significant safety concerns for students we will not be taking them outside to view the actual eclipse. Instead, we have an opportunity to view the live streaming provided by Nasa TV and will use the various views NASA can provide for students as the platform for discussion.
Here are some great resources regarding the Solar Eclipse Monday, August 21st:
NASA TV will be showing the eclipse live:
Cook's Children's Hospital:
- Huge thank you to our paraprofessionals for helping us to get our display cases looking amazing! They worked hard to get those cleaned up and looking beautiful. Thanks ladies for a job well done!
- Thanks to everyone for a great first 2 days of school. It always takes time to get into the routine but so far the kids have mastered the expectations and are ready to roll.
- Shout out to our custodial crew and maintenance staff! These men and women have worked hard all summer to help get each campus ready for the students to return. We could not function every day without these men and women and appreciate their dedication to the students, staff, and community!
Armed Forces Display
BJH Grading Policy
- Daily grades = 50%; tests/projects/major grades = 50%
- There will be a minimum of 8-10 daily grades each six weeks.
- There will be a minimum of 2-4 test/project/major grades each six weeks.
- Grades will be posted to parent portal no later than 1 week from the due date of the assignment
- Work missed as a result of an unexcused absence will receive a grade no higher than a 70.
*Individual teacher discretion regarding his/her late work policy.
BJH Athletic Gear Online Store
Also, starting on Monday, bottled soft drinks will be available for purchase at lunch for $1.50 each. If you do not want your child to purchase those types of items, please email Mere Marcus email@example.com or Nona Hill firstname.lastname@example.org so they can flag the student's account. You may also contact them at the following numbers: Mere 817-596-7425 and Nona 817-594-3195
Required UIL Student Athlete Paperwork grades 7 - 12
Brock ISD student athletes' parents will need to fill out UIL paperwork online for the 2017-2018 school year at the following website: www.rankonesport.com
You will need to go to "for parents", then to "fill out electronic forms", then choose Texas, then choose Brock. You will need to complete login information then you will be able to complete all UIL paperwork online.
Click here for a shortcut to the online forms.
Student athletes will continue to turn in the physical paperwork to Brock ISD Trainer Sam Burton.
BJH Lunch Times
5th grade: 10:55 a.m. - 11:25 a.m.
6th grade: 12:30 p.m. - 1;00 p.m.
7th grade: 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
8th grade 12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Eagle Garden - something we are working toward.....
Our primary goal of the Eagle Garden is to enrich the curriculum and support project-based and experiential learning. This outdoor learning center will allow for all levels of students to engage in agricultural practices on a small scale, learning about the responsibilities and impacts of land cultivation. We are currently in the planning phase of the Eagle Garden but would welcome any community support to help get this off the ground and to fruition by the start of next school year. Please direct questions/ideas/support to Jimmie Morales @ email@example.com.