2017 SWATA Scholarship Program
$$$ For Athletic Training Students! Do you qualify?
~The application portal opens January 15, 2017!~
Deadline for Submission is April 1, 2017!
There are 3 categories of scholarships available to SWATA Members.
- Undergraduate Category: Sophomore, Junior or Senior standing for the upcoming academic year & enrolled in an undergrad AT program. Details Here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzJz6qmhxt-xNGtNWk5rZUsxdU0/view?usp=sharing
- Graduate Category: Must be currently enrolled or have proof of enrollment in a Graduate Level Master's program in AT. Details Here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzJz6qmhxt-xSW13TlZ3T2hFclU/view?usp=sharing
- Professional Graduate Category: Professionals that are returning to full time enrollment in a graduate program while working full time as an athletic trainer at a high school. Details Here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzJz6qmhxt-xaU14V3EtTlhLYU0/view?usp=sharing
Thousands of dollars are available each year to distribute to SWATA Members that apply to our scholarship program.
So, what do you need BEFORE you begin the application????
- Official or Un-official Transcripts from your current (or former) schools
- Contact info for your supervising athletic trainer and other references requested (make sure they know where to find the documents at SWATA.org)
- Personal Narrative form completed and ready to upload
- A few minutes to fill out the online application!
The SWATA Scholarship Committee:
Paul Dunham, Chair
For more information contact:
Paul Dunham, Scholarship Committee Chairman
Flower Mound High School
3411 Peter's Colony
Flower Mound, Texas 75022
The Scholarship Committee/Executive Board will determine the award recipients from the applications received and from the information submitted. The committee’s recommendations will then be submitted to the Executive Board for final approval. The Board, upon recommendation from the Scholarship Committee, reserves the right to withdraw the scholarship prior to actual presentation of the award in the event of extenuating circumstances whereby the recipient displays behavior not in compliance with the SWATA standards.
The Southwest Athletic Trainers Association is District 6 of the National Athletic Trainers Association serving Texas and Arkansas.