West End News
August 16, 2021
Virtual Temporary Information
The School District of Pickens County will have temporary virtual learning for the week of 8/16/21. This newsletter contains information to help make this week go smoothly for all!
In an effort to safely return and maintain a face-to-face environment next week, please report any COVID-19 positive cases and/or any close contacts with COVID-19 that occur this week by contacting our nurse, Beth Hedden. Nurse Beth can be emailed at ElizabethHedden@pickens.k12.sc.us or at 397-2507.
We hope this week will be a time of healing for those who are sick and for rest for those who are well. Please let us know if you have questions, how we can help, etc.
Angie Rodgers, Ed.D.
Chromebooks, Chrome Tablets, and Packets
Tuesday, August 17 from 7:30-4:30
- Chromebooks and Chrome Tablets for all grade levels (K5-5) can be picked up tomorrow from 7:30-4:30. We will deliver these curbside through the regular car line. If you have not paid the technology fee, plan to pick-up a device. We will continue to collect technology fees in the coming weeks. All devices should come to school Monday, August 23.
- K4, K5, and 1st grade students will also receive a packet that can be picked up curbside at this time. Plan to return packets Monday, August 23.
- Students will work through assignments independently this week.
- For students in grades 2-5, please check Schoology for assignments (to be posted by noon Tuesday).
- Teachers will be available in their WebEx rooms for office hours from 10:30-11:00 and 1:30-2:00 Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday of this week, if needed. WebEx addresses for teachers: https://pickens.webex.com/meet/teachername
- Some teachers may invite students to a Morning Meeting. These are optional, but would be a good time to touch base with the teacher.
- Watch for school and individual classroom updates in Schoology.
West End will offer curbside meal pick-up from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Parents will be able to pick-up both breakfast and lunch each day at one time. School buses will travel to their morning routes (with added stops to catch some of the afternoon areas) carrying meals beginning Tuesday, August 17th. No prior sign-up is needed to receive meals.
Bus stop schedule: https://bit.ly/2XnYvD4
Medically Fragile Students
We know that some of the most heavily impacted students at this time are our children who are medically fragile. On Tuesday, the district will share an opportunity for students with documented medical situations to move into limited spots in our Pickens County Virtual Academy. These students will be accepted on a case-by-case basis.
Optional Academic Activities to Complete Monday and Tuesday
West End Family Events Calendar
Easy Ways to Support West End!
Pay with the Publix app or enter your phone number at checkout.
Publix will donate a portion of qualifying purchases to West End!
Publix Partners has contributed $38.7 million to more than 4,950 schools across the Southeast.
Learn more at publix.com/partners.