Buffalo Parent Bulletin
Connect with Us
- School website: http://blackshear.kleinisd.net/
- Follow us on Twitter: @BlackshearKISD
- Follow our school hashtag: #HaveUHerdKISD
- Follow us on Facebook
- View a full catalog of our online flyers on the Blackshear Peachjar page
- Have you ever wondered about our school procedures? Click here for a parent reference guide.
News and Reminders
- Inclement Weather Dismissal: Here are our procedures in the event of inclement weather. Our definition of inclement weather is lightning nearby, torrential downpour of rain which limits visibility, flooding, and tornado alerts.
- MAP Testing: MAP (Measurement of Academic Progress) is an assessment that students across the district take 3 times each year. Here is a website for you with more information regarding the MAP assessment and the information we can all gain from it.
- Please do not drop off or attempt to park in the bus parking lot in the morning or afternoon. This blocks our buses from dropping off and picking up efficiently and can also create a safety concern for students crossing the parking lot when loading or unloading buses.
- On a similar note, please do not get out of your car and walk to the gym during car rider pickup. We have an efficient procedure and this slows it down for other cars. Thank you!
- Red Ribbon Week is this month! Here is our schedule of dress-up days and activities!
- Peach Jar: Please make sure that you are receiving electronic flyers, as that is our sole source of communication this year in order to reduce cost associated with paper flyers. If you are not currently receiving them, visit their website and sign up manually. You can also opt out of certain types of flyers to lesson the number coming to your inbox. We suggest you at least accept school and PTO flyers so that you don't miss any important news.
Please check school website for additional dates, as they are subject to change
- 10/3: Watch DOG Kickoff and Sign-Up (6:00-7:00 in the cafeteria)
- 10/3: PTO General Meeting (6:30-7:30 in the library)
- 10/5: Staff Development/Student Holiday - speak with your child's teacher to schedule a parent conference
- 10/8: Staff and student holiday
- 10/9: Literacy Night (6:00-7:30)
- 10/9-10/12: Book Fair (also open during Literacy Night)
- 10/17: Fall school pictures
- 10/18: School flu shots
- 10/18: Big Kahuna Fundraiser pickup (3:45-6:00 in the gym)
- 10/18: Chick Fil-A Spirit Night (5:30-7:30 at Jones Road location)
- 10/19: Book Character Parade (9:00-10:00) - parents are encouraged to line the front walk and cheer for students.
- 10/19: Trunk or Treat (6:30-7:30)
- 10/22-10/26 - Red Ribbon Week (see schedule above)
- 10/24: Pump it Up spirit night (6:00-8:00)
- 10/26: Report Cards go home
- 10/26: Third Grade Klein Art Days field trip
- 10/30: Boosterthon kickoff
- 10/31: 50th Day of School dress up day (and Halloween)!
- Thank you for your overwhelming attendance and support at Open House! We had over 300 families sign in for the first Parent University sessions!
- Our Kindergartners are adjusting to school life so well! There were some tears during the first couple of weeks of school, but now they all come in with bug smiles and hugs!
- In Klein ISD, it is our mission to know every student by name, strength, and need. At Blackshear, we have implemented several things to make this a reality. Our students and teachers participate in community circles daily where we build relationships and character skills. We also hold frequent formal discussions with teaching teams where we take time to discuss each student individually in order to ensure that every student learns and grows this year.
- We have had an amazing response to our Big Kahuna fundraiser! We do not have official numbers yet, but we have MANY students who have qualified for the party bus and have raised a lot of money to benefit our Blackshear students. THANK YOU for your participation!
- Thank you for your patience with car rider procedures as we began the school year. Our morning drop off is running much more smoothly, and we have decreased our afternoon pickup time to just under 20 minutes per day!