THS Choir Newsletter
May 10th, 2020
This week's message from Mrs. Brewer
THS choir weekly calendar
Choir Google Meets this week
Only students whose parents have filled out the release can participate. The form for the release is below.
Monday 1pm: 2nd period
Tuesday 1pm: 3rd period
Wednesday 1pm: 4th period
Thursday 1pm: 6th period
Friday: 1pm 7th period
Look for the link on the picture (banner) or the icon by the google calendar. I will turn it on at 1pm on your designated day.
Officer Applications due this Friday
Applications for 2020-2021 Officers will launch tomorrow. Students interested need to fill out a form and upload a video. The videos will be sent out for student vote later in May. Descriptions of the positions are in google classroom. Contact me if you have any questions.
Varsity Auditions were due Friday. I will keep them open for a few more days
- A questionnaire
- Audition material: rehearsal and audition pdfs, audio files and videos
- Sightreadngfactory instructions.
Everything is due this Friday. All students that are interested in varsity must audition, even if you are currently enrolled. Please contact me if you have any technology issues or questions.
Checklist for this week
- Turn in your varsity audition ASAP. I don't want to miss anyone, but I have to start making decisions soon.
- Catch up on your missing assignments. Go by what is in Edpuzzle and Sightreadingfactory. Not just google classroom
- Read your edpuzzle comments for ideas. See if you commented on a warmup and then watch the video.
- Plan to come to the google meet. You choir family misses you SO MUCH. Plan to come and say hi to your class. Reach out to choir friends to have them join you!
- Read the officer information. There are several of you that would be awesome leaders. Read through the info. Watch the video and consider it.
- OFFICERS: Look for a meeting invitation.
- Breathe....it will be ok.
Google Classroom Assignments for this week
Several of you on your edpuzzle question said you liked the warm ups and you wanted to do something creative for the end of the online learning.
Warm up projectRemember all of those edpuzzle warmups that I made???? Now it is your turn. You will look through all my slides and find 5 of your favorites (yes...apples and bananas is in there). You will create your own warm ups using the slides and then sing the warm ups that you like.
Parents can join the google classroom. Email me and I will send you an invitation.
Everyone who was listed as going on the trip should have received an individual email from me about trip refunds. Please look for it in your email. If I don't hear from you this week, I will call you.
No Memorial Day Flags
In order to comply with the TISD's COVID 19 social distancing and building access guidelines, we will not be able to set out flags for Memorial Day. These guidelines are in place to keep students, faculty and staff as safe as possible during the outbreak. The policies will be evaluated on a month by month basis, so I will let you know if we are able to set them out July 4th.
Text your class code to 81010
2nd period Concert Men @b99k
3rd period Varsity Chorale @be3f49
4th period Concert Women @h296bk
6th period Advanced Women: @k33f4
This will help you troubleshoot some of the programs your child is using.